Around The NFL - 2023

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 06, 2023, 12:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

wtf?  Brady has more career wins than the ravens? 
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

They've only been around three more seasons than he has. He had to average two more wins a year than Baltimore to beat them out.

If they'd been allowed to keep the Browns history it might be up to something crazy like four, four and a half.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

the ravens played 81 games and won a SB before brady ever started a game and in the next 22 seasons they had 10 double digit win seasons and four under .500 seasons not to mention brady missed a season with a blown knee

just an astounding stat

General_Failure

Just wait until you see how he compares to the actual Browns.

ice grillin you

well yes what makes it incredible is that the ravens were one of the most winningest franchises in the nfl during bradys time (with a 5 season head start)

PhillyPhreak54

Also incredible is that he never took a snap where his team was mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

SD

General_Failure

So how much did you pay for the overnight shipping for his jersey?

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Nah. To me a HOFer is someone you dread your guys going up against. Never felt that way about him. The argument for him boils down to yards, which is a pure function of his longevity as a return man. Not enough for me.

My personal '23 picks would be Joe Thomas, Dwight Freeney, Zach Thomas, Darrelle Revis. Probably in that order (only because of Revis' abbreviated career). The eligible finalist W guys (Ware, Willis, Wayne) are probably all deserving too but not ahead of those.

QB Eagles

SD

Guess I'll cancel that jersey order

General_Failure

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 03, 2023, 05:01:13 PM
Nah. To me a HOFer is someone you dread your guys going up against. Never felt that way about him. The argument for him boils down to yards, which is a pure function of his longevity as a return man. Not enough for me.

My personal '23 picks would be Joe Thomas, Dwight Freeney, Zach Thomas, Darrelle Revis. Probably in that order (only because of Revis' abbreviated career). The eligible finalist W guys (Ware, Willis, Wayne) are probably all deserving too but not ahead of those.

Longevity aught to count, if a short career counts against someone. It's not like the backup quarterback position, they don't let you hang around that long being kinda okay at it.