Giants Game Thread

Started by 4and26, December 11, 2005, 04:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Well, he's almost as good as LJ at fumbling, so that must be what Reid wants out there.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Quote from: Sun_Mo on December 11, 2005, 10:45:49 PM
does anybody else feel that the fact that Reno Mahe was able to run on the Giants lessens the effect of Ryan Moats' game?  :-D

Not at all, those two came to play.  Hey at least those two are leaving everything out there.  I love the effort.  McMahon tried I will give him that.  Reggie's gonna be fine.  Hats off to Sheldon and Hood actually played ok.  Now G. Lewis needs to purchase some nads right away and poor John Runyan was schooled like a pre-schooler in Calculus 101 by Strahan.  That was out right sad.

Shockey looked like he went through the ringer today - sweet!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

fansince61

Quote from: General_Failure on December 11, 2005, 10:58:25 PM
Well, he's almost as good as LJ at fumbling, so that must be what Reid wants out there.

He's contributed more than he hurt the Birds..fumbles suck but were meaningless in the end :paranoid

Larry

Quote from: fansince61 on December 11, 2005, 10:54:58 PM
does anybody else feel that the fact that Reno Mahe was able to run on the Giants lessens the effect of Ryan Moats' game?  :-D

I understand the frustration with Mahe..he excells at nothing buy does many things marginnally well..he will be gone soon enough..probably a great coach someday ;)

I think he's leading the NFL in punt returning.
More Mahe please.

BigEd76

Ryan's latest blog entry:

QuoteYou would think I'm out partying, but I'm home now because I have to get ready to go in tomorrow and look at film and prepare for the Rams. I have my little guitar and that's what I'm going to do tonight, play my guitar. I'll play whatever. I play everything. No certain songs for the mood. I'm just going to play my guitar and get ready for tomorrow.

We played our hearts out. We played to the bloody end. Our defense played awesome. We were supposed to win this game as a team, but we didn't get it. We're going to pick it back up.

Last night, I met with Coach Shuey after all the meetings for an hour to beat in protections and knowing the checks and all that type of stuff. I had a feeling in my mind during practice this week that I got it. I felt that I had gotten the look off the run. I felt that I would run better in this game.

I never knew what my role would be. I didn't even start. A lot of people thought I would, but that's not the name of the game. There was no starter, it's really who just goes out first. I wasn't worried about that. I knew I would get to play. All I really wanted was a chance to play.

I knew this game would be a battle. Chad Lewis told us earlier in the week that this would be a battle; it would be a battle to the bloody end. It was. That's exactly what it was.

I wasn't nervous for the first time. I felt comfortable. A lot of the time, I felt lost when I was out there running. I knew where I was going, but I felt lost. This game I felt comfortable. I knew exactly where I was going to go if this happened or that happened. That was the difference I guess.

On the first touchdown, I was behind fullback Josh Parry. I saw the opening and said 'Oh my God, here it comes!' I didn't know if Josh was going to pop inside or outside. I think the cornerback came down and Josh popped him. I slipped inside and got back outside real fast. I ran like a dog was chasing me. I saw the endzone and it was so close.

Scoring the touchdown was really the same as scoring in the preseason. A touchdown is a touchdown. There's really no difference. I wouldn't say it didn't feel good, it felt great to score. I'll say that. It's kind of hard to explain.

As the game went on, I just wanted to get positive yards. Three yards a carry is good. I was trying to keep the offensive on the field. When I got the field, I was thinking 'Ryan get positive yards.' Don't do anything crazy.

I don't remember if the second touchdown was the same play. Herremans on the end had No. 72. I ran right towards him and Herremans had him hanging. He was going to try and play either side, that's how he was going to do it. A safety or a cornerback was hanging inside basically taking the inside away from me. I popped at the cornerback and that made the end pop inside. That cornerback did that too and I got around it. The cornerback lost his angle and I got around them.

It was crazy. I felt like it wasn't right.

In the second half, I really wasn't saying 'Give me the ball, give me the ball.' I was just saying when I get the ball, I'll run. It wasn't time to be greedy. That's when things start going downhill. When they give me the ball, I'll run it. If I don't get it, I don't get it.

General_Failure

I did find one thing to enjoy about this game. Either going into or coming out of a commercial FOX played Careful With That Mic for a few seconds. I enjoyed that.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Bigskinbauer

Quote from: General_Failure on December 11, 2005, 10:55:59 PM
If Reno and the scout team are able to do that to the Giants I can't imagine what a playoff team will do to them.

i really appreciate that.  Now i know the skins do have hope against the gints at home :)
GO TERPS

PhillyPhreak54

Is Moats British? He sure likes to say "bloody" alot.

PhillyPhreak54

Not necessarily. Because watching Moats run you say to yourself "look at his speed, cutting ability and the way he finds the crack in the defense and is able to slip through".

Watching Mahe you say to yourself "I don't have an idea how or why this loser is able to gain any positive yards".

Moats can make a little something out of nothing. Mahe needs every block to help him out.

SunMo

Does anybody care that the Eagles were showing Feely's chokejobs against Seattle before he kicked the OT winner?  I thought it was funny, but didn't think twice otherwise.  But of course WIP is talking about it and Reuben Frank had a little thing about it.  I really didn't think it was a big deal.  Does anybody care either way?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

I find it funny.

Like Didinger said on the radio it is no different than the Giants opening the doors at the Meadowlands or the taterskins doing that at RFK to alter the wind inside.

henchmanUK

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 12, 2005, 08:03:33 AM
Is Moats British? He sure likes to say "bloody" alot.
:-D

Chim chimeny, chim chimeny, chim chim cheroo. I hate those arseholes in silver and blue.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 12, 2005, 08:46:26 AM
I find it funny.

Like Didinger said on the radio it is no different than the Giants opening the doors at the Meadowlands or the taterskins doing that at RFK to alter the wind inside.

I think it's completely different than that.  Altering wind patterns inside your stadium is cheating, plain and simple.  You're altering the playing conditions to affect the outcome of the game.

Showing "lowlights" on a television screen isn't cheating nor is it affecting the playing conditions in any way.  If Feely had choked on the field last night, it certainly wouldn't have been because he saw himself gagging it up against Seattle on the Jumbotron.

hunt

Quote from: Beermonkey on December 11, 2005, 08:52:15 PM
Quote from: mhunt on December 11, 2005, 07:57:02 PM
Quote from: Beermonkey on December 11, 2005, 07:54:32 PM
Quote from: mhunt on December 11, 2005, 07:50:18 PM
mcmahon is a friggin spaz.

and did any of you hear aikman talking about how reid was talking up reggie brown...saying he could be a #1 wr?  (happened earlier in the game, btw)
king andy is setting us up for the offseason. :boo :boo

Knew that comment would bring out certain people.

people who heard reid talk about the "fine" wr corps of thrash & pinkston for 3 years?  :-D

No, I meant the easily-manipulated type.  :-D

apparently you slept through the years 2000-2002 when reid was saying the same thing about thrash & pinkston.

btw, you didn't miss much.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Rome

Quote from: mhunt on December 12, 2005, 09:28:14 AM
Quote from: Beermonkey on December 11, 2005, 08:52:15 PM
Quote from: mhunt on December 11, 2005, 07:57:02 PM
Quote from: Beermonkey on December 11, 2005, 07:54:32 PM
Quote from: mhunt on December 11, 2005, 07:50:18 PM
mcmahon is a friggin spaz.

and did any of you hear aikman talking about how reid was talking up reggie brown...saying he could be a #1 wr?  (happened earlier in the game, btw)
king andy is setting us up for the offseason. :boo :boo

Knew that comment would bring out certain people.

people who heard reid talk about the "fine" wr corps of thrash & pinkston for 3 years?  :-D

No, I meant the easily-manipulated type.  :-D

apparently you slept through the years 2000-2002 when reid was saying the same thing about thrash & pinkston.

btw, you didn't miss much.

Alcoholic fogs do not equal sleep, bro.