Anybody read a good book lately?

Started by MURP, March 16, 2002, 12:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I'd throw oprah a bang. Only when she's done up. She has a hotness to her.

Without make up though, she's totally cameron diaz without makeup.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

mussa

Quote from: Diomedes on March 28, 2007, 02:56:12 PM
I love Oprah and I also love Cormac McCarthy.

Quote from: mussa on March 28, 2007, 01:20:46 PM
the book sounds good, in an particluar order for reading McCarthy?

I'd read the border trilogy first.  All the Pretty Horses, The Crossing, Cities of the Plain.  If you enjoy the first book, then you'll like all three.  If you like all three, then you'll be familiar enough with his style to tackle Blood Meridian, which is pretty dense.  It's one of the best American books I've ever read.

I'd leave the The Road for last.

meh...you asked.

fair enough, thanks  :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

Quote from: hbionic on March 28, 2007, 03:06:28 PM
I'd throw oprah a bang. Only when she's done up. She has a hotness to her.

Without make up though, she's totally cameron diaz without makeup.

End yourself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'd try to get Oprah pregnant if she weren't post-menopausal.  $$$

rjs246

I watched a spectacular fisting clip this morning. I feel like you would need boxing gloves in order for Oprah to feel anything.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I don't get the Oprah hate.  I'm still a little ticked at her for unleashing Dr. Phil on the world, but otherwise she's farging awesome.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

She is the God of this country's simpleton population. farg her and her flock of brainless, gawking fans.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

There is something wrong with you.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

I'm not arguing that, but it doesn't change the fact that Oprah, and every one of her fans, should be thrown into the nearest trash compactor.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

rjs246

Don't try to confuse me with your lies!

Let them eat bootstraps.

BlueHeart

Quote"Mr. McCarthy respects her work, admires what she has accomplished, has an awareness of her book club, and thought it would be interesting to participate in the conversation with Oprah," McCarthy's publicist Paul Bogaards of Alfred A. Knopf, told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

That and it pretty much guarantees selling a jabillion copies of your book.

Oprah rocks. And the woman puts her money where her mouth is. Gotta respect that.
Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

General_Failure

She's no Jerry Springer, so she can't exactly be god to the worst of America's population.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MadMarchHare

Quote from: BlueHeart on March 28, 2007, 07:54:45 PM
Quote"Mr. McCarthy respects her work, admires what she has accomplished, has an awareness of her book club, and thought it would be interesting to participate in the conversation with Oprah," McCarthy's publicist Paul Bogaards of Alfred A. Knopf, told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

That and it pretty much guarantees selling a jabillion copies of your book.

Oprah rocks. And the woman puts her money where her mouth is. Gotta respect that.

Yes, she spends money.  But she does it for the glorification she receives from it.  Just watching her walk out to start a show "Yay, cheer me!" makes me want to vomit.  Look, Bill and Melinda Gates give away way more money, and perform such extensive due diligence that there is evidence that the funded charities get more funding in the future.  And they don't go around expecting people to tell them how great they are.

Oprah sucks.
Anyone but Reid.

Rome

I'm about 1/3 of the way through "The Road" and it's one of the most haunting books I've ever read.

It's one of those books that I'll read and can't put down and then I'll put it away for several days because I can't stand it anymore.

McCarthy's prose is breathtaking.