Week 2--Eagles vs Falcons

Started by reese125, September 13, 2011, 05:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

He's lucky he didn't try to celebrate in the endzone.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

From WWTTD.com...

QuoteWith the help of Michael Bolton and Akon, The Lonely Island did a montage of their 3 nominated songs last night during the Emmy awards, and farg you 'Family Guy'. This is all your fault. Somehow you've convinced people that just doing random shtein is the same as a joke, and it's not, and I farging hate you for it. I can only imagine how annoyed I'd be if I had actually watched this crap instead of football, and then squealing with delight as Mike Vick spit up blood. Hehehe. Nice pocket awareness, dipshtein.

Reason # ten gazillion that site is the best thing on the internet.

My quarterback got injured and I still laughed at that snarky icehole's mocking of Vick.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on September 19, 2011, 04:39:04 PM
Quote from: Rome on September 19, 2011, 04:16:59 PM
Vick wouldn't turn the ball over nearly as much if the line actually protected him once in awhile.

Goal line runs should be quick and straight ahead, not misdirection plays with pulling lineman.

problem is the eagles cant run straight ahead....90% of shdays big runs come off of delays sweeps cuts backs ect...the interior of that line gets blown up every other play....thats why i dont have a huge problem with the that call...its the only way the eagles can run for a score down there....other than a designed rollout or run with vick...which is what i probably would have preferred in that spot...but if jeria doesnt make a great play shady can crawl in the end zone there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Even if the Eagles o-line doesn't get a great push it's still a safer bet running a power play in goal line than it is a slow developing play. That's what jumbo packages are for. You don't necessarily have to run it off center but something between the tackles should open up long enough for a back to squirt through. They don't make it and you try a different play. It's all predicated on what the interior D-lineman are going to do, which is shooting gaps.

ice grillin you

andy has been running some version of that play down there for years....sometimes its out of the shotgun with a forward lateral...sometimes its a delay hand off...othertimes a fake throw then a hand off...this version was the fake pitch and the handoff...it generally works...this time it got blown up by a great play...im not saying it was a great call i just dont think it was a bad one...the results say otherwise and hindisght is 20/20 but i just dont think its something to harp on...trust me i wish they had the capability to power the ball in but the fact is they just dont

SD

Out of shotgun is fine, if the lineman shoots the gap like they're coached to do Vick either takes off if there's space or throws it away. Slow developing plays goal line are risky at any level. It's worse at the NFL level because D-lineman are so quick. Counters, pulling guards, traps, fake pitches...risky because the D -line is coming into the backfield because there's such a short field.

I love the shuttle pass inside they do. In fact they execute that play in the redzone better than any team in NFL history.

Tomahawk

I didn't see any of the game, but judging from the box score turnovers are more to blame than the defense.

SunMo

that's probably why you should watch the games
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Tomahawk

Agreed....I wasn't even running errands. I blame General Tso

PoopyfaceMcGee

The defense figured out the Falcons early and clamped down outside of the red zone. The one interception that wasn't was HUGE, and Reid should have taken a calculated risk and challenged - but of course he didn't.

The problem was the defense lost it when Parker went out. Already without Tapp, Killa and Babin just aren't very good when they can't stay fresh and rotate. The defense got gassed and played like shtein from there on out.

Even when healthy, the team has weaknesses on run defense, covering the TE, and in the red zone... when not at full strength, they are simply bad in those areas.

Sgt PSN

The Eagles fired McDermott because during the last 2 years they were about the worst red zone defense in the league.  Atl went 5-5 inside the 20. 

ice grillin you

about the worst in the league?

last year they had the worst red zone defense in the nfl since 1988

PoopyfaceMcGee

...and this year on pace to be worse. Go team!