Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

I wish the NFL would do something about protecting quarterbacks taking shots to the head.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

It's going to take a Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, to go down with a helmet to helmet until they lay down the hammer and start ejecting people.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Skip Bayless
@RealSkipBayless
I'm still trying to figure out how that Clowney helmet-to-helmet hit on Wentz as he was going to the ground didn't draw a flag. Clowney would've been ejected in college football. He got away with cheap-shotting Wentz out of the game
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

I'm still steaming about that bullshtein last night.  There's no doubt in my mind that was a deliberate intent to injure Wentz, yet somehow Clowney made it off that field last night with his limbs intact.

Imagine someone pulling that with Seth and Jerome on our side of the ball or with Runyan on the OL or with Buddy coaching...

General_Failure

What good is a Bodyguard who repeatedly doesn't guard bodies?

Don Ho

Peters was to dizzy impersonating a blocking sled to help guard his QB.

ice grillin you

i will never for the life of me understand why people are so upset about the play....simply because even if a flag is thrown they still lose the game....a flag doesnt bring wentz back...clowney did exactly what hes supposed to do which is take the opposing QB out of the game and in this case the only good offensive player on the opposing team

that being said if you wanna argue that the cfb targeting rule should be in the nfl then thats a valid beef and one i would 100% agree with

but small picture and just talking about sunday every eagle fan would have been thrilled if brandon graham had done that to russell wilson
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Correct, Cox, Graham, etc takes out Wilson we are celebrating.  Wentz slides feet first like Wilson does, he finishes the game.  I feel if Wentz stayed in the game it would have been close but once he went out Seattle played conservative football as they knew they had it.  Wentz stays in Seattle airs it out and puts up 30.  Birds secondary was exposed to the nation Sunday night.  Metcalf was beating these clowns by 3-4 yards, no one could stop him. 

Diomedes

I'm not even sure it's a dirty hit. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on January 07, 2020, 04:00:37 PM
I'm not even sure it's a dirty hit.

I'm not going there...it was a pretty awful hit...but the fact that there was no flag is meaningless and shouldn't be part of the discussion
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I mean, it might be.  But there's a lot of leeway given when it's a runner.  Guys are forever coming in just ever so late on a player who is obviously down/going to be down.  Clowney was squarely in that territory...whether it's dirty, I don't know.  He does lower his head, can't see what he's hitting, etc...

I don't know what's anything in the NFL anymore really. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

He deliberately intended to injure Wentz.  There's no room in the game for that anymore.  It's been legislated out.  People have been fined and suspended for doing precisely what Clowney did to Wentz. 

He gets away with it for whatever reason while those who got penalized, fined and/or suspended did not.

The inconsistency is what's galling.   If that was Brady there would have been flags galore, Clowney would have been ejected and likely suspended immediately after the game.

Diomedes

Pereira has called it a cheap shot.  I like that terminology best so far.

General_Failure

Quote from: Don Ho on January 07, 2020, 03:40:54 PMI feel if Wentz stayed in the game it would have been close

It already was close.