Super Bowl LII - Patriots: The Eagles Won The God Damn Super Bowl

Started by MDS, January 22, 2018, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I can't remember a good Darby play.  Help me out.  Every time I remember, he's playing super soft, ten yards off, he's playing catch up to someone who ran past him, or he's missing a tackle.

Mills I've love from the first finger wag when he was a scrub nobody.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Darby threw that key block that sprung Robinson against the Vikings, iirc it was after Kyle Rudolf scored the 1st TD after the D came out in disarray. If not it isn't a pic 6 and the Vikes were never right after that. Darby had a key int to beat the Raiders and one against dallas with the scored tied, or nearly so. Mills got torched a lot on slugo and double moves (not that he was the only one) through middle and latter part of the season and probably should have lost the playoff game against ATL with a PI against Julio Jones. Obviously, if that happens, no SB for us.

Edit: It is true the corners played soft, especially earlier in the year when they were a hot mess, but it was a good call by Schwartz to go to a bend but don't break, play off coverage, and be a sure tackler. As the backfield gelled and Darby came back from injury they could play tighter and a bit more man.

Rome

SD

Quote from: MDS on February 05, 2018, 09:47:30 PM
the only thing that couldve made it better was winning on a walk off td or something

I was thinking about this earlier. The ending was sort of odd...there was 9 seconds left...in my head and I think anyone who watches football on a regular basis figured the Pats probably had two shots at a Hail Mary. Graham almost sacked him, that was probably the difference between the last play taking the full 9 seconds and possibly one more shot. When I watched the game and watch other reactions on video nobody realizes it's actually over until a few moments go by. If Graham sacks Brady, it's 4th down, or an Eagle makes a pick fans would have erupted.

The Lidge/K ending was better, it was instantaneous. That's just my opinion and observation.

Munson

It was the same with us...I remember waiting to see the pass was inconplete, seeing it bounce out of the back of the jump ball pile, and then realizing like half a second later that the clock was at 0
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on February 06, 2018, 06:26:42 PM
this gives me chills...Pederson says we're going for it....Foles proposes Philly Special...Doug gives him a short look and agrees.

https://streamable.com/zr4pv

Holy shtein. I can't believe how matter of fact that exchange was...amazing they have audio and video.

General_Failure

I personally love how emotionless Michaels was on that Hail Mary. It was like he was calling a fair catch in a preseason game, and segues nicely into saying Goodbye to Collinsworth for the year when he finally realizes it's over.

Also,

https://twitter.com/JOEL9ONE/status/960718140912095232

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: Rome on February 06, 2018, 07:13:10 PM
Sidney Jones will make Darby expendable.

He never tears his Achilles he's probably a top 15 pick in an extremely deep cb draft. Some people had him ranked above Lattimore (not me).

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

SD

The Tom Brady Strip Sack, As Called By Announcers From Philadelphia, Boston, & 11 Other Places Worldwide

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/the-tom-brady-strip-sack-as-called-by-announcers-from-1822718984

Go to the 2 minute mark and listen to the Aussie call...was actually better than Merrill's

General_Failure

I love Merrill, but the man is 75. I'm legitimately surprised his heart survived that game.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

If you have Showtime, check out Inside the NFL this week. The NFL Films footage is great.

Zanshin

Jesus, find a way to watch that footage. farging amazing. I didn't think it was possible to Love Foles more, but he was even better than than the live footage. Amazing.

Tomahawk

The only way I can find is for you to share your password.

During the jubilation I failed to notice this, but a local DJ here in MA ILL is going off about how Brady didn't go to shake Foles hand after the game. What a jerk