Eagles vs Steelers game

Started by MURP, August 14, 2005, 01:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

finally get a look at the young guys in a game.   :yay

Info from the Eagles site:

- says the first team O and D will play the first quarter.   2nd team will play  1 1/2 quarters and then the 3rd team will finish up the game.

- G Lewis and Reggie Brown starting.   Billy McMullen and Justin Jenkins are the 2nd group.

- Todd Herremans will start at LT.

- Westbrook is still a little sick, if he cant give it a go, Reno Mahe will start.  Who would have ever thunk it....

QuoteInjuries

The only new addition to the team's injury list is cornerback Matt Ware, who was suffering from a toe infection and needed it lacerated. He won't make the trip to Pittsburgh.

Other players who won't make the trip to Pittsburgh due to previously reported injuries include safety Sean Considine, running back Correll Buckhalter, end Jamaal Green, offensive lineman Jamaal Jackson, and defensive tackle Sam Rayburn.

ice grillin you

hard to believe the first team o will play a full quarter...perhaps because the wr's are so raw they want them to get extra work in with mcnabb...still i dont see mcnabb playing more than two series
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MURP

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 14, 2005, 03:56:14 PM
hard to believe the first team o will play a full quarter...perhaps because the wr's are so raw they want them to get extra work in with mcnabb...still i dont see mcnabb playing more than two series

just as a reference: in last years first preseason game McNabb played the first quarter and the first series of the 2nd quarter.

WEST is GOD

McNabb for a quarter scares me, simply because with TO up in the air we can't afford to lose anyone. Andy knows what he is doing though, so I'll trust in him.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Larry

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 14, 2005, 03:56:14 PM

He might not if Herreman struggles.
More Mahe please.

General_Failure

Two series might wind up being 6 plays.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Feva

Quote from: Captain Spach on August 14, 2005, 04:01:13 PM
McNabb for a quarter scares me, simply because with TO up in the air we can't afford to lose anyone. Andy knows what he is doing though, so I'll trust in him.
That'll worry me too... but only because we'll have a 4th round rookie watching his blindside.   :-\

I hope Herremans is as good as advertised and we haven't been fed out of the "Spadaro Hype Machine".  ;D
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyGirl

LOL

What is with that Channel 6 dude?  :o

Captions? LMFAO

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

Greg Lewis looks like Erkel :-D

AR is just all "Don't farg with me!"
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Rome

Donovan's stylin' in his Tommy Bahama shirt.

I have the same one, ya know.

>:D

Susquehanna Birder

Git out mah face, beotch!

When did Spike Lee join the team?

ice grillin you

four brothers.....

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I'm looking forward to tonight.  I'll get to see my boy Calvin for the first time!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

I'm also looking forward to tonight. Not only just to see some football, but to watch a bunch of the young guys who could play a big part on this team this year.

1. I still hold out hope that Chad Lewis would be brought back soon. But I liked what I saw from Steven Spach in TC. So I'll be watching him along with Andy Thorn and James Whalen to see how they perform. It'll be tough since the backup QBs suck so badly, but I hope to see something that says if Chad isn't healthy, they'll be able to contribute. It is a MUST to have a good #2 TE on this team.

2. The young OL's. How will Herremans deal with the first team? How will Darilek look at backup C? Who will establish themselves in the race to make the roster?

3. Reggie Brown, Billy McMullen, Robert Redd, Isaac West and Justin Jenkins - how will they do? I'm sold on Greg Lewis and I'm sold on Reggie (I just want to see him in live game action) - but we need to see something from Wilbur.

4. Ryan Moats...how will be catch the ball? How well will he block? I know he can run, but I want to see the other parts of his game.

5. Mike Patterson - how well will he deal with the physical Steelers OL?

6. The LBs - I'm excited by this group of LBs and i especially want to see Martin patterson and Matt McCoy get snaps.

I'm excited.