DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC_Eagle

Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

shorebird

Friggen' Wes Welker isn't a beast and has been doing it for years, over the middle, deep, anywere on the field.

Oh well, it's par for the course, I buy a players jersey and in two years he's gone. Hope it doesn't happen.

BigEd76

smeags

they dont have the cap room, neither do the niners. i still think this is nothing more then a pissing match.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

General_Failure

Browns, Raiders, Jags, Jets, Bengals, Steelers, Dolphins, Packers, Vikings, Bills, and Seahawks. Those are the teams that could afford him without having to do much cap finagling. Also, the Eagles I guess.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Quote from: shorebird on March 21, 2014, 06:50:17 AM
Friggen' Wes Welker isn't a beast and has been doing it for years, over the middle, deep, anywere on the field.

Oh well, it's par for the course, I buy a players jersey and in two years he's gone. Hope it doesn't happen.

I'll trade you my Fryar jersey.  Reversable!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

Tim McManus @Tim_McManus

Just spoke with two sources close to DeSean. Receiver now believes he will not be back.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteTim McManus ‏@Tim_McManus 11m

Just spoke with two sources close to DeSean. Receiver now believes he will not be back.

Mothefarging iceholes really are gonna do it..God Complex Chip and dumbfarg Howie....

Eagaholic

The big play offense only works like it has when you have a fast receiver that should be double covered, and defenses have to pick their poison between double covering DeSean or putting an extra guy in the box to defend against Shady and the run. Hope Cooper can take up the slack there.

I wouldn't have a problem with trading Jackson if they could get something of equal or better value for the team, but doubt that happens.

Eagaholic

Quote from: General_Failure on March 21, 2014, 01:39:37 PM
Browns, Raiders, Jags, Jets, Bengals, Steelers, Dolphins, Packers, Vikings, Bills, and Seahawks. Those are the teams that could afford him without having to do much cap finagling. Also, the Eagles I guess.
It's not even a good move financially for the Eagles this year. Yeah they will save some cash over all but iirc it will still create something like $6 million in dead money.

General_Failure

Which they could easily afford, much like Jackson's current contract.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Eagaholic

Quote from: General_Failure on March 21, 2014, 04:46:02 PM
Which they could easily afford, much like Jackson's current contract.
True, but as a general you don't want to create dead money just because you can afford it. All teams inevitably need to here and there and if there's enough room you can get away with it, especially with smaller sums, but it is effectively like taking $6 million of your cap away and should be avoided unless really necessary. They should save it for cases like habitually injured or under performing players.

ice grillin you

6 mil dead money would lower their cap number from like 17 to 11 for this season....then it would be gone...its not like dead money carrys over for years....i cant imagine them needing more than 11 mil for the rest of this cap season
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
6 mil dead money would lower their cap number from like 17 to 11 for this season....then it would be gone...its not like dead money carrys over for years....i cant imagine them needing more than 11 mil for the rest of this cap season
True, but it's not just about this year. They have major players to re-sign next year and the following off season not to mention the FA bonanza next year they won't want to miss out on (so far 72 players that took 1yr contracts and another 18 RFAs), so they need to carry over as much as they can.