Lack of offensive enthusiasm

Started by MURP, September 14, 2005, 10:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 14, 2005, 06:07:57 PM
Good point. Aside from the fact that the Colts have a great offense, the thing I'm most impressed with is how fast they get the play in. Manning usually has a shteinload of time to audible out or see what the D is doing. Granted McNabb doesn't audible a lot but still....

No shtein.  Peyton pisses me off up there, acting like some kind of traffic cop, but what's worse is that he's got time to do it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Diomedes on September 14, 2005, 06:02:44 PM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on September 14, 2005, 05:58:34 PMthe amount of time it was taking to get plays to the huddle.

Why DOES it take them so farging long?  I'd like to see a no huddle offense once in a while, just to throw the D off and get some practice in.  It's like they've got nothing better to do than use every available second.    :boom

The thing is McNabb kept motioning to them to speed it up.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

I also noticed the blase attitude of the offense. fargin frustrating.

MURP

because Andy Reid looks over all 45,000 plays on his chart before telling McNabb to throw it to Owens just one more time. 

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 14, 2005, 10:40:39 AM
McNabb was forcing his smiles and complaining about something every now and then

this is exactly what i said and got pounded for it...how do you do it??

It makes no sense to me whoever says it, but what do I know. He was forcing his smiles ::) but wasn't speared and didn't look like he was hurt while throwing the ball everywere except to his receivers.  ???

I'll say this though, if there was any player who looked lackadaisical to me, it was TO, especially when he did almost nothing while the ball was intercepted right in front of him. He had the most inspired 100 plus yard game I've ever seen.

TRUCK RATHMAN

I feel the loyalty here but cut the cancer now and heal up...team's not getting younger...dont be suckered into fool's gold

General_Failure

The team gets younger every year. Stop talking out of your ass.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: TRUCK RATHMAN on September 15, 2005, 03:22:46 AM
I feel the loyalty here but cut the cancer now and heal up...team's not getting younger...dont be suckered into fool's gold

Truck, seriously...you're not as bad as your other compadres, but enough with the cancer stuff. He didn't do anything wrong.

THE WHOLE TEAM PLAYED AS UNINSPIRED AS HE DID. He didn't CAUSE them to. He didn't BRING THEM DOWN. It was just a lazy effort by Westbrook, the oline....everyone.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Truck Rathman likes the meatcicle.  hbionic told me.

TRUCK RATHMAN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 15, 2005, 07:43:46 AM
Quote from: TRUCK RATHMAN on September 15, 2005, 03:22:46 AM

Truck, seriously...you're not as bad as your other compadres, but enough with the cancer stuff. He didn't do anything wrong.

THE WHOLE TEAM PLAYED AS UNINSPIRED AS HE DID. He didn't CAUSE them to. He didn't BRING THEM DOWN. It was just a lazy effort by Westbrook, the oline....everyone.

Fair enough, I'll stop. Sorry to those I pissed off.