2017 Draft Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2017, 07:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

running back is very deep which makes it even more preposterous to me to take one in the first round
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

Ever since Westbrook, I see no point in taking one before the 3rd.

ice grillin you

you know who i really love is adoree jackson....dook is a stone cold playmaker....doubt he makes it to the eagles second pick but if he does and you wanna make carsons dick hard scoop him up

PhillyPhreak54

Carlos Henderson LaTech

Get

Rome

They're going to get a nice safe bland cornerback from the SEC.

YAWN. 

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Tomahawk on March 25, 2017, 03:08:16 AM
Ever since Westbrook, I see no point in taking one before the 3rd.

You can't use that pick as a measuring point. Besides having the small school knock, he had a minor injury that caused him to slip into the 3rd round.

That's kind of what I'm seeing with Mixon. He's a top talent, but there are issues that will cause him to slip in the draft. He'd be a great gamble, but I wouldn't want to deal with his issues as a first round pick.

As for Fournette, there's no arguing that he's the top guy. The thing is that he probably doesn't fit the Eagles system at this point. Pederson seems to prefer the more shifty RB who can line up as a WR and be a dual threat.

All in all, I'm just hoping they don't do one of those Watkins type of WTF moves where the act like they're smarter than the rest of the NFL.

smeags

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on March 27, 2017, 11:02:13 AM

All in all, I'm just hoping they don't do one of those Watkins type of WTF moves where the act like they're smarter than the rest of the NFL.

sure, go ahead and ask the impossible.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Teez Tabor ran a 4.73

Not good for a corner

Rome

It's a disaster for a corner. 

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

farg that gator trash. 

ice grillin you

kiper did his annual draft regrades....

QuotePhilly fans weren't happy with the grade at the time, and probably won't be in love with the new one, but I'll explain. As I wrote then, "It's hard to give the Eagles an above-average grade just based on the draft value they gave away to get up to No. 2, where they are drafting a player I really like in Carson Wentz." Again, I liked Wentz and still had to factor in the picks they traded away. It was a steep price. If I could factor the Sam Bradford trade into this, then they'd get a bump because they recouped a first-rounder. Good on them. Now, if you think I'm still crazy because you're convinced Wentz is a franchise quarterback, I'd just say I really think he could be, but we don't know just yet. He really struggled down the stretch, finishing at 26th in QBR, and needs to take a step forward this season if the Eagles are going to contend in the NFC East. Can he? Sure. Especially with some added help at wide receiver.

Elsewhere, there isn't much to speak of just yet. Wendell Smallwood saw some action, as did Jalen Mills, and Isaac Seumalo picked up four starts. Ultimately, it's all about Wentz. If he becomes the franchise QB, it's a great draft.

MDS

some great analysis....if wentz is good it was a good trade

got it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

That's why they pay him the big bucks.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

He didn't mention Big V so farg you Mel!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.