DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

The more this comes to a head, the more I think this has everything to do with Desean bitching about his contract behind the scenes. The front office got a whiff of it, and they don't feel like dealing with him. They foresee him dogging it on the field like he did the last time he was up for a new deal and aren't playing his games.

ice grillin you

of course its about his contract...hes way overpaid in their eyes

its not even that they think hes gonna dog it....because it would be beyond stupid to assume that he would do that in a year that isn't a contract season and where hes getting paid 10 mil....only a bunch of idiots would assume something like that....its all about a budget and in their minds right now theres way to much money invested the wr position
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

He's paid slightly more than Victor Cruz, better dump his ass.

The man. The myth. The legend.

JackStraw

I just don't get why this is ginned up to be a huge problem the team needs to fix right now when there's other, bigger holes to fill.

A third rounder. Pshaw, big deal. Another third round selection for a fifth round "gem". High motor.

Sure he sometimes he "disappears" in big game but also teams know how to stop him cause they don't really have to respect other eagle WR's to be a problem over the top. Team is awash in cap and they go with Maclin/cooper. Get pinkston and billy McMullen prolly real cheap right now too. Well maybe not McMullen.

Endless regression to the mean

ice grillin you

unspoken part of this is how he opens shtein up for shady....you always hear about the other wr's benefitting but shady busts thru the secondary defense because he never has to deal with a safety when pimp is on the field

PhillyPhreak54

More off field problems....Cooper or Pimp?

One gets a $25M extension and the other gets thrown outta town by His Highness Chip and Ruben Amaro III

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 22, 2014, 01:54:44 AM
unspoken part of this is how he opens shtein up for shady....you always hear about the other wr's benefitting but shady busts thru the secondary defense because he never has to deal with a safety when pimp is on the field

it's not all that unspoken, actually
Quote from: Eagaholic on March 21, 2014, 04:39:26 PM
The big play offense only works like it has when you have a fast receiver that should be double covered, and defenses have to pick their poison between double covering DeSean or putting an extra guy in the box to defend against Shady and the run. Hope Cooper can take up the slack there.
I guess we just think alike

Rome

You guys are really gonna feel silly when nothing happens.

PhillyPhreak54

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/22/now-everyone-says-desean-jackson-is-on-the-way-out-of-philly/

What's going to be funny in a jump off a bridge way is when they just flat out cut him because no one wants to trade knowing if they wait it out they'll get him for free.

Howie the dumbfarg

Eagaholic

There's still something wrong there. Why wouldn't Howie look to trade him before the teams already spent their money on FAs and could afford him? There's gotta be something more than Chip has wanted to get rid of him all along.

Eagles_Legendz

Hard to not get angry reading all of this speculation.  The idea that the eagles are going to get a zesty pick or release him blows my mind.  Yes his contract is large.  Guess who isn't in cap trouble whatsoever and will have absolutely no problem affording him?  The Eagles.   You sell below market when you're in cap hell.   The money they save moving Jackson won't be used this year anyway at this point.  WTF are the advantages of letting him go?

ice grillin you

have fun getting open next year redneck racist

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on March 22, 2014, 04:00:28 PM
WTF are the advantages of letting him go?

It really makes no sense. And it especially makes no sense that it didn't happen earlier in the offseason, if it was going to happen. Why does he suddenly have to go? His salary and his public persona are not new developments.

Either all this is nonsense and nothing ends up happening, or something big went down behind the scenes that we don't know about (and which obviously wouldn't be revealed prior to a trade). I don't know how the Eagles could explain cutting him or trading him for pennies on the dollar. They'll have to say something, and I don't see them saying "Well, we didn't like his Instagram account." They are more likely to say vague crap like "not a good fit", "not a team player" but that won't satiate the fans much either.

ice grillin you

i have to believe if something behind the scenes went down it would have been leaked by the eagle FO by now

Rome

I could swallow (barely) them trading him if it got them back something of value but outright releasing him is just stupid.  I don't care what he did or what he might have said over the years to piss everyone off, but he's just too much of a weapon on the field to give up on for nothing.