DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I think Banner is despicable and Roseman is an incompetent amateur.

I've never once suggested otherwise.  As far as making stuff up goes, are you making it up when you say no one knows what contract offers we're made yet at the same time insinuating none were made to Jackson at all?

ice grillin you

you said flat out the eagles have made numerous fair offers to pimp but hes rejected them all and countered with retarded demands...100 bucks you got this from spadaro...otherwise you are just making stuff up

i gave my opinion on what has transpired and i came to my opinion because of how ive seen banner inc act and its history

hence me prefacing what i said with "the evidence suggests"...."to me"....and "i think"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

IGY getting upset at someone speaking in hyperbole and stating opinions as facts.........hm.

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

IGY... I'm suggesting that the Eagles absolutely made an offer(s) to Jackson.  It's not exactly a leap of logic to assume offers have been made.  I don't know if they're fair, unfair, generous or they got laughed out of the room.  I can assume that Rosehaus thought they were insulting because Jackson is still without a deal.

All of this is supposition on our part, and honestly, for the last time, I have no love for the front office.  If they get something done I like (Nnamdi, Jenkins, re-upping Vick) then I'll say so.  If they do something unbelievably stupid (Hello, Juanny) then I'll say that here. 

Why you insist on making outlandish comments like "(he) always defends the front office" when I clearly don't is beyond anyone at this point, but I will say that it makes participating in this forum almost intolerable.  Just knock it down a notch, already.

Hawk

Mikey miss has repeatedly said that rosenhaus reached out and gave a ballpark of the contract he wanted and the eagles never countered.

Hawk

And if I was in deseans shoes I'd be short arming balls too.   He got two concussions probably incurring brain damage based on the new studies and he still can't get no love.   They told him to show up to camp to start the negotiation process and then proceeded to not make one counter.   farg em

shorebird

The bad thing about all this shtein is that in the long term, Jackson is hurting himself more so than anyone, or team. The Eagles FO treats it's players like the numbers they wear on the field, done it for years. Jackson should have just manned up, played like we all know he can, and no one is calling him a punk bitch. He's going about this the wrong way, he should be making the Eagles brass look like the pricks they are. Instead, he looks like a spoiled little punk bitch.

General_Failure

A spoiled little punk bitch with a concussion history. At the very least, a legitimate reason to be a punk bitch.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

If he's that concerned about concussions and his long term health then perhaps he should find another line of work.  It's a man's game. Time for him to man up.

MDS

hes 2 months away from getting his pay day, after that im pretty sure hell revert back to the pimp of the first 3 years

its just this year he was making next to nothing and had nothing locked up for the future and farg if he was going over the middle for an organization that didnt care about him, his future or his well being. and i cant blame him.

you have to remember this is a team that offers player low ball long term deals, then when the player tells them to farg off, they bench him and ruin his value and throw all sorts of propaganda out about him to kill his reputation (michael lewis). its also a team that draws imaginary lines in the sand and lets legendary players walk out of spite (bdawk).

its banner and howies fault for not keeping their talent happy. leaving pimp hanging in the wind was the worst thing they could have done. but they wanted a year of cheap labor and farg if they werent going to get it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

Quote from: MDS on December 01, 2011, 01:33:36 AM
its banner and howies fault for not keeping their talent happy. leaving pimp hanging in the wind was the worst thing they could have done. but they wanted a year of cheap labor and farg if they werent going to get it.

We always blame Banner and Roseman, but goddamitt, Lurie hired these guys. He sits back watching all this pan out, and does nothing. He doesn't get a free pass on this. He could have stepped in, but I feel that he doesn't like Pimp's attitude, and might think that a long term contract isn't in the teams best interest with the concussions and just the fact that Pimp is a shrimp on the field and thinks he won't last many more years. Personally, I don't feel that way, I think he's a special talent. I've seen his desire on the field in the past, and it's right up there with Dawks. I'll never forget the game agasint the Giants, seeing the closeup on him, banging his helmet with his fist, you could see by the look in his eyes the only thing on his mind was getting that ball in his hands.

They're wrong about him, but it's business as usual up in NovaCare.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Blast the FO all you want, but he's proving them right this year. He's always been inconsistent, but this year, the bad is just as strong as the good. He's always had a high risk of injury, but he's proving that it is affecting his ability to play.

If I were him, I would have just held out. Because that's basically what he's doing by going through the motions, but his market value is diminishing. There is no chance he gets Larry Fitz money. In fact at this point, he is worth more to the Eagles than to any other team.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 01, 2011, 01:33:36 AM
hes 2 months away from getting his pay day, after that im pretty sure hell revert back to the pimp of the first 3 years

this is the big question...when he gets caked off this offseason and comes back next year and does this same thing then all the butthurt crybaby eagle fans who couldnt make it thru a flag football game can celebrate being right about the uppity negro...but until that happens the eagles as usual made a caluculated decision to farg with their best player and it backfired miserably
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

That's the beauty of DeSean. Even his best-case scenario will have enough inconsistency to allow the haters to hate.

The only thing I don't understand is how anyone with half a brain can't see that DeSean has handled this situation like shtein start to finish, just like TO did in 2005. Both WR's, both represented by Rosenhaus, both attemping to deal with Joe Banner. Making it about race is a cop-out. The fact is that the on-field antics are just a reflection of an underlying behavioral problem that will ultimately make his career shorter and less lucrative.

The Eagles FO has certainly drawn the line over and over again when ANY player wants to make a big deal about being underpaid, but couple it with quasi-holdouts, agents showing up to training camp, short-arming passes on the field, 60-yard penalties, and running backwards on punt returns... and you're just taking away their options.

I hate Joe Banner for a lot of reasons, and his handling of players who are outperforming their contracts is one of them. But DeSean farged himself just as much or more as anyone else farged him here.

SunMo

saying he handled it like shtein from start is incredibly inaccurate.

he held out a few days from camp, came in, didn't whine or bitch.  gave maximum effort on the field for most of the season, including sprinting 80 yards down the field to catch a guy who intercepted a ball.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.