DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Quote from: SD on November 13, 2011, 12:54:40 PM
Maybe they offered him a contract maybe they didn't

They didn't. They're paying him what was agreed to, even if it is assumed by everyone in the world except Joe Banner that players will want to rework their contracts when the money isn't coming in.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Eskin reported that the Eagles told him to stay home and not even come to the game

General_Failure

They do know the trade deadline passed, right?

The man. The myth. The legend.

BigEd76

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 13, 2011, 01:10:46 PM
Eskin reported that the Eagles told him to stay home and not even come to the game

I wish they had told me to stay in bed.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Munson

lol forreal. Did the WR's look any worse today then they did last week?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

methdeez

After the way this season has gone, after the way the FO has treated him, basically betting that he will get hurt, after being left home from a game, forget not starting or even not playing, why in the hell would he resign with them?
I would hit the market and let someone cake me off.
Or at least get the tag, which is currently $9.5 mill per year for WR's.
There are 7 games left, play out the string and get rich.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteIt's not a great year for guys who want new contracts.

In Cleveland, running back Peyton Hillis has lost the locker room via behavior that has created a sense that he's erratic and unpredictable.  Now, Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson faces the same fate in Philly.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, some teammates have became frustrated with Jackson's attitude, even before he missed a meeting and drew a deactivation from coach Andy Reid.  According to the source, Jackson is perceived as moping and pouting and generally being more concerned about his contract than helping the team win games.

It's not a surprise.  In September, Jackson said that his top priority is to remain healthy, not to contribute to victories.

The good news for Jackson, if there is any, is that he definitely remained healthy on Sunday.

For the Eagles, there really isn't any good news.  With the team's margin for error now down to zero or less, the real question is whether they've found the bottom yet.

The bad news for Jackson is that he'll be walking into an awkward situation at best on Monday, when he rejoins the team after his one-day exile with pay.

ice grillin you

theres not a chance in the world the locker room isnt 100% behind pimp....lemme guess florio wrote that?

MDS

the source is probably some coach or trainer who expects pimp to takes his insultingly low salary and kiss banners ring as a thank you

if im pimp i never woulda showed until i got me paid. that was probably his mistake, giving the eagles what they wanted which is cheap african labor.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

if pimp acted a fool a year and a half ago then id say pump your brakes homie and wait your turn.....but dunnie has done everything the right way for a long time risking his livelyhood for peanuts....if i was him id never set foot in novacare again

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 13, 2011, 08:21:40 PM
theres not a chance in the world the locker room isnt 100% behind pimp....lemme guess florio wrote that?

Yep.

And one of the beat guys said something about Asante saying he needed to be held accountable.

It's snowballing.