DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Call me cynical but I also think that even if the FO has a deal they know they will offer, and Roachinhaus will probably take, they also realize each week they can delay getting around to it saves another $600k.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Fact is the team gains little by paying him now, since they can franchise him next year.

MMH

IF he doesn't get crippled this year.
Then they won't have to pay him at all.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on September 20, 2011, 05:29:22 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 20, 2011, 07:14:10 AMmany people can do what mack does...

wrong

Vick and Jackson provide cover for Maclin and Shady, no question.  But if instead of them the Eagles were trotting out James Thrash and Reno Mahe, the team would not be half as dangerous.

Maclin and McCoy are both bona fide NFL starters, for any team.

theres at least one other wr on every team than can be mack in this offense...there might be one or two that can be pimp

cant teach pimps speed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

Maclin is going to be more consistent from game to game in terms of putting up #s, but I agree with the general idea that his role is far more easily filled than Jackson's is.

General_Failure

And how many years did it take them to find someone to fill that role? They're both irreplaceable, considering how inept this team is at drafting receivers.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Dillen

Definitely. They managed to farg up year after year after year, so getting Desean, Maclin and Shady in just 2 years was pretty much a miracle.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Dillen on September 20, 2011, 10:43:50 PM
Definitely. They managed to farg up year after year after year, so getting Desean, Maclin and Shady in just 2 years was pretty much a miracle.

Or statistically inevitable, depending on how you look at it.

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 20, 2011, 09:07:41 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on September 20, 2011, 05:29:22 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 20, 2011, 07:14:10 AMmany people can do what mack does...

wrong

Vick and Jackson provide cover for Maclin and Shady, no question.  But if instead of them the Eagles were trotting out James Thrash and Reno Mahe, the team would not be half as dangerous.

Maclin and McCoy are both bona fide NFL starters, for any team.

theres at least one other wr on every team than can be mack in this offense...there might be one or two that can be pimp

cant teach pimps speed

Of course, thats why when Pimp went out in the Atlanta game, Maclin immediately stopped catching passes.

Eagaholic

QuoteDeSean Jackson says his main goal is to stay healthy
Posted by Mike Florio on September 30, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Philadelphia Eagles v St. Louis Rams Getty Images

Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson has 13 games remaining until he becomes an unrestricted free agent, barring the inevitable placement of the franchise tag on him by the team.

So what's his motivation?  To stay sufficiently healthy now to get paid later.

"Whether I have the ball in my hands or not, I feel like I already established myself in this league as one of the great receivers," Jackson said Thursday, via PhillySportsDaily.com.  "I just gotta go out there and keep doing what I can do.  Stay healthy is the biggest thing.  As long as I can stay healthy, regardless of where I'm playing, I think I'll be all right.  Just stay healthy and go out there and do my thing."

Um, what about winning games?

"That's the No. 1 priority is to stay healthy," Jackson said.  "I wouldn't be able to play the game if I wasn't healthy.  In my book, that's the No. 1 priority.  Winning is next in that category.  As long as I'm healthy and we're winning, regardless of my numbers, I think I'll be very happy."

This is one of the rare cases you can't fault the player for worrying about their health over playing. I usually tend more to playing what you signed up for, but he is otherwise doing all the right things. If the FO wants to delay a new contract, probably in part because they are seeing if he can stay healthy, he's not wrong to make that the priority. Just catch some fargin tds in the mean time.

Diomedes

TDs or not...if he plays the good soldier, shows up, and doesn't get hurt..he gets paid.  Probably not by the Eagles but so what.  If they don't want to take care of him, he'll take care of himself and I'm sure Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder would be happy to pay him.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Drunkmasterflex

I think DeSean has to play that way the dude is small. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

Get to go grocery shopping with Desean Jackson?! Sometimes dreams really do come true

Rome

Every time I see this thread bumped I think he got a new deal.

Stop posting in it until he does, please.