DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Nope, he should be paid this off season.

But they won't do it. They'll cite the uncertainty in the labor negotiations.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 11, 2009, 03:23:54 PM
Nope, he should be paid this off season.

But they won't do it. They'll cite the uncertainty in the labor negotiations.

if there's no cba in place for next year, then they should absolutely cake him off during the uncapped year when they can throw the vault at him and not get penalyzed.  doing anything would would be moronic to say the lease. 

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mpmcgraw

no howie mandel

BigEd76

was talking to someone today that deals with autograph signings and just had DeSean no-show 3 times on him......he said DeSean was a total d*ck before Rosenhaus and figures to be an even bigger one now, and he wants $15,000 for a 1-hour appearance when most players get $1,500-$3,000

I love watching the guy play and as long as he keeps scoring TDs, none of that ish matters, but geez...

PhillyPhreak54

Gotta make up for that 2nd round contract not paying him enough

General_Failure

I, for one, am shocked that a highly talented young athlete with a habit asshattery on the field would be such a jerk off the field.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

He could rape a troop of girl scouts and I still wouldn't give a shtein.  Dude's ridiculously talented on the field and since what he does off the field doesn't matter to me at all, that's all that counts.

SunMo

i find it funny that the guy booked him a 3rd time after he no-showed the first two times.  take a hint
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

supposedly he backed out of two appearances then promised to send some autographed stuff over to make up for it and he didn't do that either, then he got all pissy when confronted about it

Here's some more DeSean stuff:

-- http://www.deseanjackson10.com

-- Twitter (verified)

Quotetucced low chilln bac to da hussle 2morrow grind boy

riiiight....

and this from 97.5 ESPN:

QuoteWR DeSean Jackson "will make it happen" to stay in Philadelphia with Drew Rosenhaus now his agent: Since Jackson hired the controversial Drew Rosenhaus to represent him back on Tuesday, November 10th, the receiver has been reserved in discussing his decision to ditch the DeBartolo Sports and Entertainment Group in favor of his new agent.  This past Monday marked our station's first edition of its bi-weekly "The DeSean Jackson Show" since the swap occurred, so when a fan called in during the first segment and expressed his concern to Jackson about his association with the aggressive Rosenhaus, my co-host Harry Mayes and I decided to explore the subject further.

Jackson attempted to assuage the caller's anxiety, saying his choice to hire Rosenhaus "has nothing to do with me leaving Philadelphia or wanting to leave."

"It was a personal decision.  My [previous] agency, I didn't feel like it was making the best for me.  That's an off-field issue but it's not going to change nothing about me.  I'm still going to put in the work.  I'm happy here.  We'll make it happen
," said Jackson, alluding to what will likely be a forthcoming contract renegotiation with the Birds' brass this off-season following the conclusion of his second NFL campaign, the earliest he's eligible for such talks.

If the Eagles' fan base is experiencing angst about the Jackson-Rosenhaus association, those emotions probably stem from the implosion of the team's relationship with its previous big-play wideout Terrell Owens, after he signed with Rosenhaus in an unsuccessful push for a revised pact.

During what Jackson described as a "long process" of forging this partnership, his camp apparently put Rosenhaus on the spot, asking him about what precipitated the T.O. incident with the Birds, and seeking reassurances that Jackson's renegotiation wouldn't suffer from a similar, hostile tone.

"T.O. is a different person than DeSean Jackson," said Jackson Monday night from the Aloft Hotel located near Philadelphia International Airport.  "I respect T.O.  He's a great player, but as far as his personality and the way he goes about things, it's totally opposite from myself.  It's not to say nothing bad about him, but we handle things in two different perspectives.  So, we'll leave it at that."

Jackson, to his credit, has surrounded himself with a strong support network, anchored by his mother Gayle and older brother Byron.  They are very aware of the star-power potential Jackson possesses, and are determined to assist in squashing what so far has proven to be the misguided negative perception of his work ethic coming out of Cal.  Jackson himself considers Rosenhaus, with whom he connected via several of his peers, misunderstood.

"He's going to do the best thing he can for his players, whether people like him or not," said Jackson.  "As an agent, he works for his players.  I feel he does the best job for his players."

Jackson, whose base salary for 2009 is a reported $385,000, insists that he is holding off on dwelling on finances until his squad's current run ends.

"Gotta get through the season," Jackson said about when he'll start contemplating a new contract.  "Hopefully, we'll get to the Super Bowl, and have a big year.  That's what the focus is on."

not 100% convinced, but OK...

MDS

he just referred to himself in the 3rd person and didnt come as a total douche. he is a legend and a god. he is THE pimp.  he can do no wrong. calm down easy. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Quote from: MDS on November 25, 2009, 11:26:58 PM
he just referred to himself in the 3rd person and didnt come as a total douche.

You are completely farged in the head.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

Quote from: MDS on November 25, 2009, 11:26:58 PM
he just referred to himself in the 3rd person and didnt come as a total douche. he is a legend and a god. he is THE pimp.  he can do no wrong. calm down easy. 

LOL!! A legend? A God? He's already done some wrong, but seems to be making up for it quite nicely. He's good, no doubt, but let's not get carried away.

NC_Eagle

QuoteDrew Rosenhaus

Oh FFS that guy is in bad need of a bullet to the head.
(Drew, not Pimp)
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.