DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

what was steve smith's weight coming into the league and what is it now?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 28, 2008, 12:58:17 PM
Only saw Jackson's punt returns posted but here's a compilation of some of his receptions. Might just be because he's playing against college kids but he plays a lot bigger than he looks...and damn he's fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPfEkWSEhcY

Check out how fast he blows by the defenders at 3:00.  :o
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Rome

he was listed at 180 but he must have been wearing a scuba tank during that weigh in because he was no more than 165-170.  that's he fell into the third round and that's why desean fell into the second.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

i was just about to post that.  faked the db right out of his shoes.

methdeez

Man that kid is fast.
I know it is highlights, but he looks incredible.

reese125

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 28, 2008, 12:56:42 PM
Todd Pinkston was maybe 180 soaking wet and 6'2".  It's not like DeSean's built flimsy just because he's on the light side.

Honestly, you don't want a 5'10" speed guy carrying much more than 180-185.

How about a 5'6" speed guy who weighs 180 in Darren Sproles?

ice grillin you

hes a couple lbs lighter than kevin curtis but a freak athletically...the kind of player the eagles never get...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2008, 02:01:45 PM
hes a couple lbs lighter than kevin curtis but a freak athletically...the kind of player the eagles never get...

agreed, I really thought the eagles drafting him was nothing more than a pipe dream.  I could not have been happier when I saw the clip of him on the phone before the pick was announced. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

perhaps reid has turned the corner here with the additions of booker and desean they have a degree of athleticism on offense that they maybe have never had in his era...bubble screens and reverses...booker in the backfield with westbook and desean split out is pretty exciting stuff
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: reese125 on April 28, 2008, 01:44:39 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on April 28, 2008, 12:56:42 PM
Todd Pinkston was maybe 180 soaking wet and 6'2".  It's not like DeSean's built flimsy just because he's on the light side.

Honestly, you don't want a 5'10" speed guy carrying much more than 180-185.

How about a 5'6" speed guy who weighs 180 in Darren Sproles?

You think he really weighs 180?

Doubtful.

rjs246

I'm having trouble telling how everyone feels about this pick.

Actually, the fact that everyone is excited about it makes me think that he will be the biggest waste of space ever. Because, you know, we're all farging idiots.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2008, 02:29:52 PM
perhaps reid has turned the corner here with the additions of booker and desean they have a degree of athleticism on offense that they maybe have never had in his era...bubble screens and reverses...booker in the backfield with westbook and desean split out is pretty exciting stuff

he finally has some players to go along with his mad scientist play calling.  the only thing that bothers me about getting jackson is we might end up seeing more passing calls from that fat clown now.  at least there will be a decent decoy out there now, though.

General_Failure

How come nobody told me the Eagles made their trade for a proven #1 receiver? I want to be excited too, damnit.

The man. The myth. The legend.