The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I don't know if he'd be able to make the jump, but he's been a winner everywhere he's been, and there isn't a bigger pressure job than Notre Dame anywhere in sports, so taking the Eagles job would be no big deal in that regard.

ice grillin you

wow are you kidding me.....every single big sec and big 12 job has infinitely more pressure than notre dame...you people never cease to amaze
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

I just don't want a college coach without a proven NFL track record. Period.

SunMo

so howie has the reputation of being the whore to go to in order to get a raise in college
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

kelly might be doing that but dont think for a second howie didnt go after him...even if its just an interview howie will be the guy that went next level and tried to get notre dames coach...a guy that hasnt even been on the radar for nfl jobs...also wouldnt suprise me if hes doing it to impress and/or one up banner
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I think he's doing it because he doesn't have a clue and thinks that if he coaches ND, he has to be good. 

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 10, 2013, 10:52:29 AM
wow are you kidding me.....every single big sec and big 12 job has infinitely more pressure than notre dame...you people never cease to amaze

How many SEC football programs have their own television contracts?

I'll wait...

phattymatty

you just don't understand football.

Rome

JackStraw

Team devolution is not complete. Until Roseman is gone a dismal interregnum will persist until rock-bottom. Then Laurie sells or accepts he needs to completely start over. Who coaches becomes less important as one listens to Howie whistle past the graveyard and the search shifts to merely whose willing to coach.

Recall that the days between arrivals of Vermiel, Ryan and Reid were dim indeed.
Endless regression to the mean

Rome

Interregnum.

I think I might have seen that word in an SAT prep course I took 30 years ago.  Otherwise, not so much.

PS: It's spelled Lurie, not Laurie.  Just saying.

(Flexes)

JackStraw

i always have trouble with that one...

lurie, laurie, lori, lorry

kinda like in philly that merry, marry, mary, murray all pronounced the same
Endless regression to the mean

hbionic

Quote from: Rome on January 10, 2013, 05:15:13 PM
Interregnum.

I think I might have seen that word in an SAT prep course I took 30 years ago.  Otherwise, not so much.

PS: It's spelled Lurie, not Laurie.  Just saying.

(Flexes)

:-D
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

I'm sticking to my surprise announcement prediction. Out of nowhere they're going to hire someone out of the blue that hasn't been talked about.

Either that or they're waiting for the Seahawks to finish up so they can officially announce Bradley as the coach.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.