The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

Wow, not sure how I feel about Lovie. He did always have his defense playing their asses off though.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

Do not want.

Good defensive guy but no offense...ever.

But it would be funny if he got hired because the press corps would hate his PCs - they were bitching about it a week ago when someone brought up Lovie's name

ice grillin you

im not saying dont get an offensive coach or get lovie but it is possible to have a good offense even if your head coach has a defensive background
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

his attitude is almost as bad as andy's. big pass.

MDS

he would be andy part 2

same schtick, just with a defensive background and black*

*is a cornball brotha
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Are you saying Lovie is as tragic a negro as is McNabb?

phillycrew

I would be fine with Lovie.  His players always seem to play hard for him and appears to have a good defense.  He would have to select an OC who can take advantage of Shady and the receivers and develop Foles.  I am more concerned about the ferret, Howie.  If we don't get some better players/draft, I don't care who the coach is, they will suck.

hbionic

Hence the mass suicide that will take place.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

If it were a Tony Dungy/Colts situation, where he just walks in to an offensive staff and players that are already doing their thing, it would be great. Here, that would be Marty and Vick, and god I hope Marty already signed with the Chiefs. So, yeah, pass on Lovie.

The man. The myth. The legend.

BigEd76

Jay Gruden is out.  He says he'll interview with teams but plans to return to the Bengals anyway

Rome

If they're going to hire a retread why not hire someone who's actually won something?

I'd rather have Brian Billick than Lovie Smith.

General_Failure

The offensive genius who couldn't build an offense?

Rome

Hire Billick for head coach, Chuckie for D.C. & Lovie for O.C.

SUPER.  BOWL.

General_Failure

That plan's so crazy IT JUST MIGHT WORK!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Bring Juan Castillo back to coach the special teams.