The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillen

Bunch of stories out there that the Eagles are going to meet with Syracuse HC Doug Marrone. I would definitely be on board with him. Being from upstate NY, the majority of my long-time buddies are SU fans and slob that dude's knob like no tomorrow.

Rome

I'm in the minority here but Jay Gruden intrigues me.  Yeah, he's an Arena League guy but he's also been an NFL assistant for a long time now and he's been successful wherever he's gone.

Don Ho

Quote from: Diomedes on January 05, 2013, 12:08:57 PM
I can't get away from the feeling that the real problem with this team is Lurie.

If they hire someone after pissing all over themselves when he agrees to receive them at his leisure, I'm dropping my "anyone but Reid" position and hopping on the "farg you Lurie" bandwagon.

All in! What are we, almost 20 years into this ownership and he's still clueless.  I like the fact he lays low and doesn't have his mug on TV more than the team like Jerrah does but damnit show us something.  Academy Awards and wind turbines are great but take this thing by the balls and get us a damn trophy.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

I honestly don't get the Lurie hate. Did we prefer the guy who drank and gambled the team away, or the billionaire who was too cheap to pay Gang Green and who ran the team like a car dealership? We joke about the gold standard but do we remember what this franchise used to be like?

There are maybe three teams with owners that seem like they can do no wrong. Lurie definitely isn't in that group. But he's also not in the group of like twenty owners who are either blatantly senile or just incompetent at running a professional sports team. I have no problem with criticizing moves like keeping Howie or some of the petty vindictive moves that occur from time to time, but let's keep this shtein in perspective. I don't think it's impossible to win a Super Bowl with him in charge.

BigEd76

Quote from: Rome on January 05, 2013, 04:48:28 PM
I'm in the minority here but Jay Gruden intrigues me.  Yeah, he's an Arena League guy but he's also been an NFL assistant for a long time now and he's been successful wherever he's gone.

except playoff games in Houston amirite

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah no way on the other Gruden.

By the way - it was reported that Chip and the Eagles were still meeting (7+ hrs now) and Brian Startare tweeted he has a source telling him they're close on a 5yr deal.

He's never broken news before so take it for whatever it's worth.

ice grillin you

im not a huge chip guy but i would jerk off to them beating banner for him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I'm ok with Chip.

Someone tweeted a pic of him today at Oregons practice with his dog and the dog had an Eagkes jersey on.

Howie will take a pic of the contract and his middle finger and text it to Banner

ice grillin you

i dont hate him and i will give my full support (he cares) but i just dont want a guy who has never even sniffed the nfl before

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed partially.

Like with players I want [Singletary]winners[\Singletary] and productive guys. That's why when a guy from Northwester Eastern Southern Michigan state like Greg Jennings comes out I would have picked him. He put up numbers.

In the coaching sense you see college guys who fail but you have to look at the guy and see how his attitude is. Spurrier failed because he thought it was Gainsville North where he could get the gang back together and golf most days. Saban failed because he's a colossally anal retentive icehole who didn't know how to treat people who aren't scared of him.

ice grillin you

how many coaches ever who have had no nfl experience have succeded in the league

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2013, 09:45:27 PM
im not a huge chip guy but i would jerk off to them beating banner for him

How frothy will Banner get when he rants at Chip for bringing him the inflated contract the Eagles offer him? And then will he match it?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 05, 2013, 09:42:26 PM
Someone tweeted a pic of him today at Oregons practice with his dog and the dog had an Eagkes jersey on.

Gift from Vick I'd guess from the spelling.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2013, 09:55:30 PM
how many coaches ever who have had no nfl experience have succeded in the league

Don't know how many, but how 'bout them Cowboys?

(I just threw up a little in my mouth...)

PhillyPhreak54

Not many I'd guess, Havas.

BTW - browns talking to Marrone's agent again and they apparently met Marrone while Eagles were meeting with Chip. Browns really like Marrone and its neck and neck with him and Chip.