The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

that's the Dan Akroyd stuff right?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

paco

Yeah, thats the one.

While the bottle is pretty cool looking, it was kind of awkward breaking it out at my buddy's house.  He just had a kid last tuesday and flew in his wife's mother and sister.  Nothing says "welcome to this world, child" like drinking booze out of a skull.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Quote from: paco on March 26, 2012, 11:46:41 AM

While the bottle is pretty cool looking, it was kind of awkward breaking it out at my buddy's house.  He just had a kid last tuesday and flew in his wife's mother and sister.  Nothing says "welcome to this world, child" like drinking booze out of a skull.

i've tried that before simply because of the bottle and its totally meh.

also, those bottles have been popping up in several of my local bars in the last few months, i asked the bartender to crack one open for me the other day, and he said he had orders that he couldn't until dan ackroyd comes around. i guess it's some kind of marketing thing where he actually comes to each bar for some kind of opening ceremony or something. seems pretty douchy but i guess it's a good marketing ploy for anyone over 40 who still remembers who dan ackroyd is.

phattymatty

what are those weird circular square candies...they seem like a skittles/jelly bean hybrid and i would like to try them.

ice grillin you

i think they are gobstoppers....who knows...the lady fills the jar

Don Ho

Flyers candy jar, sweet.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Seabiscuit36

Ended up trying Matty's vodka experiment.  We always freeze our pineapple cores for cooking, ended up throwing them in a mason jar along with some strawberries.  Curious to see what it turns out like. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

i tried them after like two weeks and they were good, then i made two more batches and kept them sealed for an entire month...they were pretty amazing. had a little party one night and everyone loved it.

ice grillin you

what vodka experiment?

Seabiscuit36

Nice, its been 2 weeks and its pretty decent.  I'll keep it sealed for a month and see if the pineapple permeates thru.  I figured the strawberry would just give a hint of the flavor. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

I still need to do the swedish fish vodka thing...

Susquehanna Birder

I tried it with gummi bears, and it didn't work out so well. Apparently I didn't get the right kind of bears, and I ended up with a snotty soup of nonsense that was neither good as a gummi nor as a drink additive.

PhillyPhreak54

How long did you leave them soak?

I wonder if I should poke little holes in the fish to help absorb the liquor?

General_Failure

No, dummy. You put them on fish hooks and leave them hang in the jar.

The man. The myth. The legend.