farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

I'll have to remember to check in on our old friend "Stonethrower" John Shango. Here's a little reminder of that guy, if you need one:

http://www.youtube.com/v/mMNRoje5tYU?version=3&hl=en_US

PhillyGirl

are they really asking how the Eagles would pay DJax?  :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Quote from: SD on July 29, 2011, 09:42:54 PM
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214254&page=71

Cowboy fans meltdown

A sample of quotes I saw:

- Eagles!! fml

- I feel like I just got slugged in the gut

- I can't believe he walked away from us

- That's a punch to the gut and a kick to the balls!

- I do not want a 30 year old corner on our team that makes $12 million per year.

- I hate my life. I hate my life. I hate my life. I hate my life.

- 12 million base with 25 guaranteed over 5 years is more like 17 million per year. Right?

- Son of a *****, I couldnt be less excited about this season now. No safeties, No DEs, No 3rd WR. The Eagles have just raped us before the season even started.
I would have been fine if he went to literally ANY OTHER TEAM

- So basically Jerry was played for a fool? He has to be smarter than that. God, Philadelphia...screw you.

- Yes thats what happened. The Jets dropped out, Dallas thought they had him, Jerry left for the radio interview, and 10 minutes later he was an Eagle

And the winner of this evening's brilliancy prize for awesome realization:

- Let's face it, we are no longer that storied, elite team we once were.

For a couple of hours they tried to take some solace in hoping the Eagles gave an outrageous contract that would destroy their cap. I'm not surprised at the $12M average per year but I am really surprised that Nnamdi didn't get the 50% guaranteed that most all of the bigger names are getting now.

General_Failure

http://nyc.podcast.play.it/media/d0/d0/d0/dY/dB/dQ/dT/YBQT_3.MP3

Jerry Jones interview while the news was breaking. Skip to about 15 minutes in.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Quote from: General_Failure on July 30, 2011, 12:30:27 AM

http://nyc.podcast.play.it/media/d0/d0/d0/dY/dB/dQ/dT/YBQT_3.MP3

Jerry Jones interview while the news was breaking. Skip to about 15 minutes in.

Listened to the whole thing. That was great, jerruh finding out that he lost Asomugha from the interviewer. He didn't quite seem to believe it because his cell hadn't rung, but have to say he pretty much kept his cool.

I think Jerry Jones is the most repugnant personality in all of sports, though he does seem to be pretty self honest. But that shtein he pulled with knowingly selling the non-existent SB tickets for his own glory says everything you need to know about him. And if he is self honest, he did that as an incredibly selfish and cold manipulation, duping hundreds or thousands of fans, some of whom spent everything they had for the hope of seeing their team play in the SB.

Feva

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 29, 2011, 09:47:40 PM
I'll have to remember to check in on our old friend "Stonethrower" John Shango. Here's a little reminder of that guy, if you need one:

http://www.youtube.com/v/mMNRoje5tYU?version=3&hl=en_US

I absolutely love this man...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Geowhizzer

Since I was digging around the Dallas Morning News site:

Top 7 reasons for Dallas fans to hate Philadelphia

Complete with cliche Rocky & Santa references.

ice grillin you

#1 - FAP

oh but he ws overrated and never won a playoff game....blah blah blah....kill yourselves
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Cowboys yawn over Eagles' coup

QuoteNo Nnamdi, no problem. Everyone from owner Jerry Jones on down talked about the respect they have for Terence Newman , Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick.

"Any pursuit of anybody outside this organization probably has less to do with the people in this organization than the people we're trying to pursue," coach Jason Garrett said.

"We feel great about our corners. Terence Newman has been a Pro Bowl guy. Jenks has been a Pro Bowl guy. Scandrick is a guy who is competing for more playing time as an inside nickel guy and also as a corner outside.

"We feel great about our cover guys. We feel like we have three really good corners and some young guys who can compete as well."

It's doubtful the club could have made room for Asomugha without cutting a big contract, probably Newman's. Jones calls that sheer speculation.

Nice attempt at damage control

ice grillin you

who else cant wait until the day comes when no one ever again references the pro bowl when evaluting how good a player is
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I'm riding with you in that wagon.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 31, 2011, 10:15:45 AM
#1 - FAP

oh but he ws overrated and never won a playoff game....blah blah blah....kill yourselves

I'd imagine you have been known to rock that exact outfit.