farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

I can't help but take a cheap shot at the illegals they hired to build their stadium and practice facility there, but damn. A lot of people have been hurt or killed there.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Another tidbit. Apparently Jerruh found a creative way to get back at Reeves for not taking the consultant deal.

QuoteDeCamillis Has A Broken Back
Posted by Mike Florio on May 2, 2009, 11:11 p.m. EDT

Cowboys special teams coach Joe DeCamillis suffered a broken back as a result of the collapse of the team's indoor practice facility during a strong Saturday storm, according to the Associated Press.

"They say he's lucky not to be paralyzed," said former NFL coach Dan Reeves, who is the father-in-law of DeCamillis.  Reeves also said that DeCamillis likely will have surgery due to multiple broken vertebrae.

The winds that caused the roof of the practice bubble were determined to be just shy of tornado strength.

"Apparently there was a microburst that produced 60 to 70 mph winds," Jesse Moore of the National Weather Service told the Dallas Morning News.  "It is very difficult to distinguish what is a tornado and what is a downburst."

According to the DMN, a 33-year-old man was impaled by an object, another person suffered a head injury, and another has an open leg fracture.

In all, 12 people were injured.

Eagaholic

Quote from: General_Failure on May 02, 2009, 06:23:41 PM
I can't help but take a cheap shot at the illegals they hired to build their stadium and practice facility there, but damn. A lot of people have been hurt or killed there.

Iirc, didn't two guys die building the new toilet stadium, the second one while OSHA was still on site investigating the first death?

PhillyPhreak54

methdeez

I wish it would have collaped JJ's facial surgery.

QB Eagles

Quote"They say he's lucky not to be paralyzed," said former NFL coach Dan Reeves, who is the father-in-law of DeCamillis.  Reeves also said that DeCamillis likely will have surgery due to multiple broken vertebrae.

Not everyone was that lucky:

QuoteA Dallas Cowboys scouting assistant was permanently paralyzed from the waist down after his spine was severed during the collapse of the team's tent-like practice structure in a severe storm.

The team announced Rich Behm was in stable condition at Parkland Hospital on Sunday after surgery to stabilize a fracture to the thoracic spine.

The 33-year-old Behm was among a dozen people hurt in the accident Saturday, and was one of three Cowboys staffers who remained hospitalized.

and a Philly connection:

QuoteCalls to Summit Structures LLC, one of the companies involved in building the $4 million facility, were not returned to The Associated Press on Sunday.

A Pennsylvania court ruled in December 2006 that Summit was negligent in the design and construction of a membrane-covered building that collapsed in 2003 after a major snowstorm in Philadelphia. The building was constructed for the Philadelphia Regional Port Authority.

MDS

ouch that suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagaholic

Also about the company that built the structure:

QuoteThe company that built the facility — Summit Structures LLC of Allentown, Pa. — said the roof had been replaced in 2008. The statement said proper engineering was used during the original construction and the installation of the new roof. Cowboys spokesman Rich Dalrymple declined to comment on the nature of the work last summer.

Definitely some good Eagles fans in Allentown.

paco

QuoteRomo stopped short in Open qualifier
For the second year in a row, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has fallen short in his attempt to advance to sectional qualifying for the U.S. Open.

Romo did not give himself a chance to go deep in qualifying, shooting an 80 at the local level Monday, The Dallas Morning News reported. He shot 44 on the back nine, with five bogeys and a triple-bogey on No. 16 sacking his scorecard at Dallas National Golf Club.

He shot even par on the front nine in the rain.

According to the Morning News, Romo will try to qualify for the HP Byron Nelson Championship on Tuesday at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club in McKinney, Texas

Front nine = September-October
Back nine = November-December
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: paco on May 12, 2009, 03:11:39 PM
QuoteRomo stopped short in Open qualifier
For the second year in a row, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has fallen short in his attempt to advance to sectional qualifying for the U.S. Open.

Romo did not give himself a chance to go deep in qualifying, shooting an 80 at the local level Monday, The Dallas Morning News reported. He shot 44 on the back nine, with five bogeys and a triple-bogey on No. 16 sacking his scorecard at Dallas National Golf Club.

He shot even par on the front nine in the rain.

According to the Morning News, Romo will try to qualify for the HP Byron Nelson Championship on Tuesday at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club in McKinney, Texas

Front nine = September-October
Back nine = November-December

:-D :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Did Jessica Simpson show up for the back nine?

Seabiscuit36

she was busy at a Pizza Hut buffet
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

QB Eagles

QuoteFormer Dallas Cowboys quarterback Quincy Carter is free on bond after his arrest in Abilene.

Abilene police said Carter was arrested Sunday night on a probation violation warrant. The violation arose from a February arrest in South Texas for alleged drunken driving.

Carter now plays for the Abilene Ruff Riders of the Indoor Football League.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 12, 2009, 07:18:58 PM
Did Jessica Simpson show up for the back nine?

more like a back sixteen...like size 16.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen