Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

I just played 360 at BestBuy and I'm sold  :yay

I played Call of Duty 2 and King Kong and the graphics are out of this world.  :drool

General_Failure

And it'll play Jade Empire, so you've got that to look forward to.

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

I just saw the commercial for Prince of Persia the two thrones...I think SD was raving about it...is it good as it looks?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: hbionic on November 28, 2005, 03:42:55 PM
I just saw the commercial for Prince of Persia the two thrones...I think SD was raving about it...is it good as it looks?

Two Thrones official site

I'm sure it will be, Sands of Time was great, Warrior Within was even better. In Two Thrones the Prince gets possessed by a Dark Prince and you get to play as both. From the trailer and TV commercial there's a bunch of new enemies and you get to ride in a chariot -- now who could resist that? Dec. 1st is the launch date and I already have a copy reserved.  :yay

Quote from: General_Failure on November 28, 2005, 03:38:00 PM
And it'll play Jade Empire, so you've got that to look forward to.

That won't change the graphics or gameplay though...will it?  ???

rjs246

Quotei play the sims and make my sim have eight wives and be gay on the side
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

has anybody played Call of Duty 2 for PS2?  i'm thinking of renting it.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

Quote from: Sun_Mo on November 28, 2005, 04:31:39 PM
has anybody played Call of Duty 2 for PS2? i'm thinking of renting it.

You need some advice before you make the big commitment, huh?  Farg.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

Quote from: Diomedes on November 28, 2005, 06:00:45 PM
Quote from: Sun_Mo on November 28, 2005, 04:31:39 PM
has anybody played Call of Duty 2 for PS2? i'm thinking of renting it.

You need some advice before you make the big commitment, huh?  Farg.

i know you're obsessed with me, and have some sort of cyber-crush on me.  but stop, i already told you, i'm not into dudes.  and if you ever send me another picture of you tucking it behind your legs to try and prove you are a chick, i'm gonna kick your ass.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

mussa

Rented GUN.  Played last night with a buddy for a few hours...yes a few hours its that cool.  It starts out besically in pre-determined missions, for you to get used to the gameplay.  Then its wide-open from there.  They all eventually run into each other, but u can gain extra stuff by doing side missions.  Gameplay takes alittle time to get down...dual analog stick control, but once u get it down its fun to just mow down people.  lots of blood, head shots, heads exploding, scalping shots, arms legs gone, killing animals, killing indians, drinking whisky to regain health, texas hold-em in the saloons and hookers!  profanity!  extreme violence!  in the wild west, what more do u want in a game?  so far its a winnar :yay :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

I played Super Breakout on my Atari Flashback last night.

Feva

This game's been out for a while and it's probably been discussed already, but I'm in the middle of playing "God Of War" for the PS2.  This game... plain and simple... is the shtein.  It's an action adventure game that has more gore in it than most movies... not to mention ta-tas everywhere.  :yay  You have a huge variety of moves/weapons to use... and the highlights of the fighting is doing "special kills" on enemies by hitting a button sequence.  This shtein gets downright extreme, from stabbing your swords right down/through an enemy's throat... to cutting them straight in half.  There are puzzles all through the game, but none that are so impossible that it slows the entire game down.

Graphics are on point, the music is awesome... must play (if you haven't already).
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mussa

i played that once, seemed like a cool game.  reminded me alot of prince of persia and devil may cry series. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Feva

Yeah, it's definitely similar to Devil May Cry in the sense that you aquire orbs and all to upgrade your weapons, magic, etc.  I like the DMC series, but this has a totally different feel to it though.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

hey SD, prince of persia 2 commercial.  link 

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MURP on November 30, 2005, 01:47:45 PM
hey SD, prince of persia 2 commercial.  link 

I already saw it but thanks  :yay Comes out tomorrow and since I'm currently unemployed I can't think of a better way to spend my time  ;D

What's really scary is after playing it for a while you really feel like you can run along walls and do stupid shtein like that  :-D