What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i just have good memories from tical as it was one of the first solos to come out, smoking woos in a car in the woods when i was like 16 or 17

i feel you there...personal experiences weigh heavily in how much you like a song album group ect...

not sure how you can not like rae cause of him not making sense but love ghost...he is the father of that style...i find rae to be pretty decipherable compared to ghost whos rhyme meanings could be the subject of a graduate school class at princeton

why is every good 930 show on a monday
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 02, 2006, 10:34:42 AM
i just have good memories from tical as it was one of the first solos to come out, smoking woos in a car in the woods when i was like 16 or 17

i feel you there...personal experiences weigh heavily in how much you like a song album group ect...

not sure how you can not like rae cause of him not making sense but love ghost...he is the father of that style...i find rae to be pretty decipherable compared to ghost whos rhyme meanings could be the subject of a graduate school class at princeton

why is every good 930 show on a monday

i see where you're saying ghost and rae are definitely in the same category, it's true, but to me it seems as those ghost is still telling some kind of story that you can eventually get, whereas raekwon just throws a bunch of long words together.  don't get me wrong, i still listen to raekwon and i'd take my least favorite wu-tang over 99% of other shtein out there

and yeah it seems like every wu show thats come around lately has been on a mon. or tues.  usually when they roll through here they hit sonar in balt. too so you might want to check if he's going there.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The spelling of the title of this thread haunts me in my sleep.

MURP

Quote from: FFatPatt on March 02, 2006, 12:47:14 PM

finally. 

Feva

You two?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: EagleFeva on March 02, 2006, 01:04:42 PM

You two?

Don't make me come down there.

ice grillin you

the great thing about being illiterate is i had no idea there was anything wrong with the title...and even after being notified of it...i still dont

Feva

Quote from: FFatPatt on March 02, 2006, 01:14:51 PM
Quote from: EagleFeva on March 02, 2006, 01:04:42 PM

You two?

Don't make me come down there.

Don't get mad at me man... I've been in GA for almost 6 years now... starts to take a toll on ya.  Same would happen to y'all.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

phattymatty

i said this weeks ago

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

this week we have raekwon from wu-tang and his legendary 'rainy days' remix featuring ghostface killah...one of the great hip-hop songs of all-time

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2R073HH4W0ULZ0GIIARY2ENSMU

and as a bonus we have the track that was looped for 'rainy dayz'....

harold melvin and the blunotes 'you know how to make me feel so good'....great for mackin and gettin women open...put your OG mask on get your game tight and thank me later

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2OKILDOG86CS20JZSRQ0UEYK9J

phattymatty

Rome

I'm currently listening to hundreds of the 500,000 bikers that are in town for Bike Week 2006.

They're roaring up and down U.S. 1 at the moment outside my office.  We were considerng throwing 1/2 inch tacks out on the roadway, then filling up a cooler full of beer and sitting out on the front porch of the office to watch the fargers hopefully crash and burn to death.

rjs246

Bikers are part of what I love about this country. Filthy, drug taking, noise making weirdos that somehow have carved out a niche in this otherwise boring ass society.

I hope you follow through on your 'tack' plan and they beat you to death with the bones of their fallen comrads.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

not yet...i dont really buy new hip-hop unless i can find it used...im not a big fan of anything ghost has done since supreme clientele....sampling issues killed his chance to release a couple close to classic albums...and unfortunately the best songs got cut from bulletproof wallets and pretty toney due to sample clearance issues leaving less than stellar records in its wake

i def at least wanna hear it first

what do you think of it