Danny Watkins, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SunMo, April 28, 2011, 10:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

ESPN says the kid is mean and ready to start, and points out that he'll be working the right side--Vick's back--which is interesting to note. Interesting.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Hawk

Quote from: Diomedes on April 28, 2011, 10:55:44 PM
ESPN says the kid is mean and ready to start, and points out that he'll be working the right side--Vick's back--which is interesting to note. Interesting.

But IGY doesn't like the pick so I'm not sold.

Sgt PSN

That's the thing.....I'd be willing to bet this dude would have fallen to the 2nd round and could have been gotten then.  And if someone else would have taken him, fine.  It's not like this dude was on anyone's radar to begin with. 

I like his size, but when some college football geeks haven't even heard of him, it makes me wonder. 

BigEd76

Pretty much every mock I saw had Watkins in the 1st, going anywhere from KC to Pittsburgh.

General_Failure

I'm just glad the wait is over and we know who their next first round bust is.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 28, 2011, 10:59:17 PM
Pretty much every mock I saw had Watkins in the 1st, going anywhere from KC to Pittsburgh.

I've never read a mock draft in my life.  I've also never been able to watch Mel Kiper deliver his mock draft passed maybe the 15th or 16th pick.  I watch so little college FB, that once you get through the top 10 or so players, chances are I've never heard of them. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 28, 2011, 10:54:02 PM
I'm not an offensive line expert, but he obviously has to be better than McGlynn and have some pedigree if he was listed as a late first round pick most places.

why is a late first rounder who has never played in the league automatically better than a guy who played last year in the nfl

jerome mcdougle should have been better than brandon whiting and they took him higher than this kid
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Danny Watkins just announced that he plans on submitting his retirement papers to the league office on Monday. 

ice grillin you

thats good because the eagles just announced they will not sign him due to their organizational philosophy of not giving players his age big contracts
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

MDS

hes big and canadian

im going to go on record and say hell be good even though i had no idea he existed before 10 seconds ago
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I think this guy may be the last Canadian to play for the Birds...

Sgt PSN

4th&26 is probably the only Eagles fan approving of this pick. 

QB Eagles

fake grapes:

QuoteDonald_S_Cherry Don Cherry
ATTABOY DANNY WATKINS, GOOD CANADIAN GUY FROM KELOWNA BC PICKED IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE NFL DRAFT, GOOD LOOKIN KID WAYTAGO DANNY!
45 minutes ago

real grapes on TV a couple minutes later:

"Waytago Danny Boy!"

Eagaholic

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 28, 2011, 11:22:31 PM
I think this guy may be the last Canadian to play for the Birds...

Only the 4th ever 1st round Canadian
Quote...The three other Canadian players picked in the first round of the NFL draft were: offensive lineman Tony Mandarich (2nd overall by the Green Bay Packers in 1989), running back Tim Biakabutuka (8th overall by the Carolina Panthers in 1996) and offensive lineman Mike Schad (23rd overall by the Los Angeles Rams in 1986).
Promising.

But I get the pick. I remember Ross Tucker talking about how Mudd's scheme, which uses smaller more agile athletic Olinemen in a lot of zone blocking is a polar opposite to the huge guys Reid has liked. Probably the reason they didn't get Carimi and I think the scheme will be a better fit for Justice.