Jack Ikegwuonu, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SunMo, April 27, 2008, 01:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: shorebird on April 27, 2008, 03:49:23 PM
The upside on Ikeqwuonu is tremendous. This team could have the best CB tandem in the league in two years.

he wont be a cb...hes dawks eventual replacement

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Samuel/Brown/Demps/Ikegwuonu?

QuoteOn who is his agent: "Drew Rosenhaus."

BigEd76

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

Feva

So I guess this kills the talk a while ago about him not signing and re-entering the supplemental draft next year or some shtein like that.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

because of his injury id like to see how his deal compares with that of others around him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Nice, i was thinking he wouldnt sign but i guess he needed the money, and knows he can get some good rehab. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

he needed to buy some games for his new xbox
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on June 18, 2008, 05:36:33 PM
he needed to buy some games for his new xbox
you have his gamertag yet? 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhanInDC

Guess who showed up on Facebook with a Bong, some coke, and tooter in his hand???

FACEBOOK FOLLIES GET PLAYER IN HOT WATER
Posted by Mike Florio on November 13, 2008, 4:14 p.m.
We've caught wind of the fact that a photo of an NFL player in the immediate vicinity of a huge bong on a glass table with lines of a white powdery substance recently made its way onto a Facebook page, temporarily.

As we hear it, once the player's team found out about it, the picture was removed.

Per a league source, the Facebook account belongs to a family member of the player in question.

It's unknown whether the league office is aware of the situation.  Under the substance-abuse policy, a positive drug test isn't the only thing that can get a player in trouble.  A player can be added to the program based on behavior.

A couple of years ago, for example, then-Raiders receiver Randy Moss had to scramble to avoid being placed into the program after merely admitting to smoking marijuana "every blue moon" during an interview with Bryant "Rick Romo" Gumbel.

We've seen the picture, but we've been asked not to post it.  Ordinarily, we'd post it anyway, but we're in a fairly decent mood this afternoon.

QuoteUNVEILING THE BONG-AND-COKE PHOTO
Posted by Mike Florio on November 13, 2008, 8:45 p.m.
We never dreamed that there would be such an uproar regarding the story of an NFL player who had an image of himself land on a family member's Facebook page.  The player in question doesn't have a high degree of name recognition, and we badly underestimated the degree of curiousity it would create.

We were concerned initially about posting the photo and identifying the player because our information was based only on our source, and because it wasn't obvious that the player was who we were told he was.  We have since obtained information from two more sources, so we're now confident that we can post the photo without fear of getting the NFLPA treatment in a court of law.

But we post the photo and identify the player with this disclaimer — the picture appeared on the Facebook page of his younger sister, and she has since claimed that she Photoshopped it.  (An if it's truly Photoshopped, then we should fire Taco Bill and hire her.)

We're also told that the player is not in trouble with his team.  (That said, another source said that the picture was taken down only after the team became aware of it.)

The player in question is Eagles cornerback Jack Ikegwuonu, a 2008 fourth-round draft pick who tore an ACL in January and who has been shelved for his rookie year.  He was regarded as a potential first-round selection before being injured, even with pending criminal charges arising from the theft of an Xbox (the old kind, not a 360).  He reached a plea deal in the days leading up to the draft, but the arrangement cratered when his brother, also charged in the incident, refused to accept it.

Here's the photo.  He's the guy on the right, Photoshopped or otherwise.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

Don't think that's coke, it looks like crushed up pills...whatever the pills are on the table by the bong.

Britt and Garrett Reid now have a boy to chill with.

Seabiscuit36

def pills, and who cares.  Looks like a good night to me

PoopyfaceMcGee

What would you be doing with your time if you had to sit out a whole season?  A little rehab during the day, a little medicine at night.  Whoop dee damn doo.

rjs246

I would kill all of you for a ripper from that bong right now.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.