Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

For some reason, I thought Steve Miller was dead.

Diomedes

Steve Miller Band "live" in concert.  Average age on stage: 79.  Average age in the crowd: 70.

Rage on Rome.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Morrissey was phenomenal tonight.  Top-5 show I've ever seen.  His voice is pitch perfect.  The band was tight. 

Incredible. 

Diomedes

My kids love his recent tune about staying in bed, not going to work.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Stones are the greatest rock and roll band ever

this was recorded in Philly...Mick Taylor plays out of his f'n mind on this performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TxH2DDKAZY

Rome

Welcome To Rockville here in Hell's Acres has gotten bigger with each subsequent festival.  They released the initial lineup for 2024 and it's pretty underwhelming despite having 150 acts scheduled (so far).

Saturday looks pretty good, however.

Diomedes

That clutch/baroness/red fang group is worth seeing all

Rome

My friends get the super VIP package and that typically comes with access to meet and greets.

I'm not a big fan of that usually because most interactions I've had with rock stars have been meh.

But I wouldn't mind shaking Dave Grohl's hand.  Dude is amazing.

And Clutch is fantastic but I'd pay the freight just to see Helmet again.  It's been 30 years. 

Also - Descendents are coming to Orlando in March with Circle Jerks. 16 yr-old Rome is very excited about that show. 

General_Failure

Clutch is actually the one band I've gone to see in concert. It was upstairs at a bar in Brisbane in front of like 100 people, but it was still great.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

in my imagination, that's a fantastic night.

General_Failure

We missed the last train home, had to spend all night in the city at about 40 degrees. My aussie gf couldn't take that kind of cold and wasn't dressed for it, she hated that I spent all night seeing my breath fog up. I hope she's doing okay these days.

This was back when they thought they could add a touring harmonica player. It was a wild time.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Eagles "farewell" shows went on sale yesterday.  For giggles I looked at ticket prices and was surprised to see them semi-reasonable in nosebleeds.  $145.  But they add another $55 in fees on top of that. 

Good seats were $600 each which is mind-boggling. 

Steely Dan (half anyway) is opening for them.

Maybe it's just me but going to a local bar and listening to a cover band for $10 play the same songs seems more palatable. 

I saw Phoenix at HOB on Sunday.  They were great.   

phattymatty

I saw the Fugees a couple weeks ago.  I got my first CD player installed in my car in the late 90s just so I could play that album. 

First half of the show was Lauryn Hill solo - which was actually kinda garbage - could barely tell which songs she was singing.  But the last hour or so was all of them back together and it was pretty dope.  I guess it was one of Pras' last shows because he can't travel out of the country with them lol - something about being a Russian spy or some nonsense lol.

Rome

Missed Steve Miller last night.  Had awful stormy weather and driving 60 miles in near tropical storm conditions seemed dumb even for me.  Mrs Rome vetoed it tbh.  Meh. 

Diomedes

Steve Miller is still alive?