Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, August 30, 2022, 11:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

QB Eagles

Yeah, don't want to lose 3/4 of the secondary. If it doesn't work though there's still a deep list of available safeties who wouldn't be much of a drop off at all.

SD

That he's still unsigned is encouraging but agreed I'd almost rather spread the money around signing a decent safety (plenty out there) then using the remaining money on a rotation DT or half decent LB (plenty of them too).

Eagaholic

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some teams that have have a concern if CJ would be a good fit with their locker room/coaches. There might be some truth there, but last year an infusion of his feistiness was exactly what the Eagles D needed. If he scares any team away all the better to help re-sign him.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

I'd like to see CJ back, more than Slay, but there do seem to be a number of promising DB tweener/versatile types like him that should go in the first couple of rounds of the draft. On the other hand Howie spent a couple of picks to get him, so he's probably loathe to let CJ go.

MDS

cj is really in his feelings...the eagles said no to a franchise which is at $14. bates gets $16. he wants that area but isnt getting it so he feels mega disrespected.

the question will be does he take a 1 year deal at $12 or something in hopes of getting the bates-level contract next offseason or accept the $9-11 range and move on. we shall see.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the feelings in this thread are something special
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Well that farging blows and the Lions are putting together a nice squad for next season. We couldn't match that offer?

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1637626657040203776 20

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

is it?

the saints and now eagles have said thanks but no thanks...clearly the person aint worth the talent
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on March 19, 2023, 09:41:16 PM
is it?

the saints and now eagles have said thanks but no thanks...clearly the person aint worth the talent

He got a 1 year deal. They don't like him they cut bait. I'd rather have him at $10 million over cox

MDS

part of it seems that after he rejected their initial multi-year offer, the eagles moved on and signed JB and re upped slay. after that, they were tapped out on DBs cap allocation wise.

though if they really wanted him, hed be back