Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i know lots of honkeys that listen to colored music
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Either way, they're all in the hip-hop thread. If IGY wants to grace us with his jazz playlist, we might just class up the place a little.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

If he wants to talk about jazz in this thread, he's limited to Dave Brubeck.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i listen to a good amount of jazz and my favorite music is probably 70's soul

where black and brown people are involved there is generally good music to be found
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I grew up listening to Philly soul.  Gamble & Huff is roughly ten quadrillion times better than anything that has been produced during the past 30 years in the soul/r & b genre.    I feel sorry for any of you who weren't lucky enough to have grown up with that stuff playing on the radio.

Diomedes

There's some good r&b lately: white british chicks.  And the Detroit Cobras.  White Detroit chicks.  They kick ass.

Diomedes

Janelle Monáe ....  not your average diva, to say the least...big talent.  Pretty album with what ought to be some smash hits. 

Diomedes

So yeah, while on sabbatical from my heroic Warren Zevon binge, I can't stop listening to Janelle Monáe's album.  It's great.

And when I do manage to press stop and change it up, I'm listening to J.Roddy Walston and the Business the rest of the time.

Yeti

Just got Chris Cornell Scream.  Pretty good.  Not really what I expected (Soundgarden style its not) but it's really growing on me.   

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Don Ho

Oh Sound Garden.  Badmotorfinger and Superunknown are still two of my all time favorites.  My brother and I use to blast Sound Garden in my Dodge Ram pickup on our way out to the North Shore to surf. 

"Lookin California, feelin Minnesota"

Lucked out in the early 90's as we were able to see Nirvana (like a month after being on SNL), Sound Garden, Alice In Chains, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam at some real cool, intimate venues. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

lurking wierdo

mussa

Quote from: Yeti on June 28, 2011, 02:20:50 AM
Just got Chris Cornell Scream.  Pretty good.  Not really what I expected (Soundgarden style its not) but it's really growing on me.

Jesus dude check your head
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Yeti

Quote from: mussa on June 29, 2011, 11:05:49 PM
Quote from: Yeti on June 28, 2011, 02:20:50 AM

Jesus dude check your head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYN74jPCAik
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

SD