What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Speaking of Staind, King of All Excuses was on my playlist earlier and it is a great song. So is Falling which followed shortly after.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Rome

I loaded Exile On Main Street onto my iPod this morning and had it going for a couple of hours on repeat.

Shout out to Dio for reminding me about that album which I love but rarely listen to for some strange reason.

mussa

I hate staind and all those bands that fit into that genre, pop metal or neu-metal. all they do is whine about how life sucks. shut up or do it with some real aggression. that shtein is weak.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: mussa on January 26, 2007, 05:54:27 PM
I hate staind and all those bands that fit into that genre, pop metal or neu-metal. all they do is whine about how life sucks. shut up or do it with some real aggression. that shtein is weak.

It is better than constantly bragging about hoez, munney, drugz, and killin fooz.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

Quote from: mussa on January 26, 2007, 05:54:27 PM

If you had posted System of a Down instead of staind, Munson would have been on you like sweat on a ballsack.

:-D

BlueHeart

He's still obsessed with proclaiming the greatness of SOAD and defending their honor?
Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

shorebird

Sly and the Family Stone, Greatest Hits. The originators of Funk. Igy should like it.

Diomedes

vigy ain't much of a funk man, iirc.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

you recall correctly...im a soul man

not a big fan of sly

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

What's the difference between soul and funk?  Tempo is one difference, but I couldn't describe it beyond that off the top of my head.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Current mix cd includes:

Fear Factory - Edgecrusher
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot, Betrayed, Trashed and Scattered, M.I.A
Nightwish - Symphony of Destruction
Black Label Society - In This River
Nonpoint - Bullet With A Name, Rabia
Hatebreed - This Is Now
Mudvayne - Determined
hed PE - War

A little more Avenged Sevenfold than I'd normally play, but I happen to like those four songs. Especially M.I.A.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

What's the difference between soul and funk?

soul as its name says comes from the inside...its much more personal much more emotional...its very much gospel influenced...which lends to a lot of it being slow songs and ballads of heartache tho not exclusively as there are many amazing uptempo soul songs

funk is louder and in your face music...often contains a rock feel...funks backbone is the music and is made for partys and clubs

best way i can describe it is to say that you farg to soul music and dance to funk music

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 26, 2007, 10:58:11 PM
best way i can describe it is to say that you farg to soul music and dance to funk music

That's pithy.  Next time someone asks, just say that.

Rome