What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Quote from: Fan_Since_64 on February 17, 2006, 02:40:23 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on February 17, 2006, 02:22:29 PM

You might want to start with Walk On, Bring the Family, Slow Turning, or The Best of John Hiatt.  I turned Yeti on to Hiatt awhile back, and he seemed to dig it.

Great, I'll add those to my list. Usually, with an artist I'm not familiar with, I'll take the "Best of..." route, and if I like what I hear, then I'll start compiling recommended albums.

Cool. Let me know if you like it.  Then I'll reach out to John for a commission.

stalker

Quote from: Diomedes on February 17, 2006, 12:01:20 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 17, 2006, 11:52:35 AMTake Me Out - Franz Ferdinand (or whatever the hell his name is)

fixed.  Also, it's the name of the entire band.  They named themselves after the Archduke whose assassination heralded the opening of the Great War.

A little trivia: My maternal Grandfather was a member of "Blackhand" the Serbian terrorist group that assasinated Franz Ferdinand. He was a fugitive of the Austrio-Hungarian empire who jumped ship in San Francisco. The guy who did the killing (Princip) was my Grandfather's first cousin.

Quote from: rjs246 on February 17, 2006, 02:13:08 PM
Quotecat's like the taste of their own buttholes. i would say that's an aquired taste, but i am not about to try it.

I laughed at this. Mostly because I was picturing you trying to lick your own canhole.

If I could do that, I'd never leave the house.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

MadMarchHare

Yeah, yeah, yeah and your wife owns a Volvo.  Haven't we lived through enough of your delusions?
Anyone but Reid.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on February 17, 2006, 12:01:20 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 17, 2006, 11:52:35 AMTake Me Out - Franz Ferdinand (or whatever the hell his name is)

fixed. Also, it's the name of the entire band.  They named themselves after the Archduke whose assassination heralded the opening of the Great War.

I got skewled. 

stalker

Quote from: MadMarchHare on February 17, 2006, 05:05:16 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah and your wife owns a Volvo.  Haven't we lived through enough of your delusions?

That's not my wife, I believe you mean SUF. I am a Roman Catholic priest and have taken a vow of celibacy.

Wingspan

Quote from: stalker on February 21, 2006, 05:29:28 PM

That's not my wife, I believe you mean SUF. I am a Roman Catholic priest and have taken a vow of celibacy.

man i really hate to say it...but this was pretty snort enducing.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

stalker

Quote from: Wingspan on February 21, 2006, 05:31:37 PM

Yay for  me! Wingspan loves me. You don't by any chance resemble a 10 year old boy, do you?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: stalker on February 21, 2006, 05:34:03 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on February 21, 2006, 05:31:37 PM

Yay for me! Wingspan loves me. You don't by any chance resemble a 10 year old boy, do you?

Wingspan didn't even resemble a 10 year old boy when he was a 10 year old boy. 

Die. 

General_Failure

Same line stillupfront used for years.

The man. The myth. The legend.

stalker

Quote from: General_Failure on February 22, 2006, 02:53:25 AM

Same line stillupfront used for years.
WHAT? He's a priest too?!

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

stalker

BigEd76

MURP