Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 23, 2021, 07:28:33 PMI agree with that in theory.  Doesn't help in reality in that it's the Phils, and that he's been a bone-headed players with moments of brilliance scattered in a career of bone-headedness.

Would like to have seen Moniak get a bit more of a look, though, particularly with Hasely injured.  Hell, I'd be OK with sending Kingery to minor league camp, since he's sucked for about a calendar year now.

moniak needs to play, he would not play in philly. hes back on the radar now, though, so a good month or so in AAA can yield a quick promotion. kingery stinks but he can play 6 positions, 3 of them premium, and that in itself has value in NL ball

herrera, even at his best, was a super frustrating player. but a 108 ops+ over his first 3 seasons is just not something haseley or quinn can do

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 23, 2021, 07:30:11 PM
While we're talking about the Phils... why aren't they on TV tonight?  I figured they would be, since they're in Clearwater.

Edit:  Ah hell, just found out it was on Facebook.  Stupid social media.

flyers and sixers were playing so there was no tv space for them
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the other day i got an email for opening day tickets even tho there are only 8K total or whatever it is

initially OD wasnt available to everyone...i guess it was just season ticket holders and "VIP's"

they must have gotten no bites so then they offered OD to people who got a game package last year which includes me

i had already gotten mets tickets for late april so i wasnt super interested in OD but late last night during the sixers game i decided to look and there were tickets EVERYWHERE

really farging sad and pathetic that you cant sell eight thousand tickets for an opening day no matter how bad of a team you are
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Pretty sure Covid might have something to do with that. 

Or not. 

Who cares?

General_Failure

The Venn diagram of baseball fans and covid deniers might just be a single circle.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 24, 2021, 10:09:01 AM
Pretty sure Covid might have something to do with that. 

Or not. 

Who cares?

definitely not...theres certainly people who dont want to go because of covid but its not the reason a metro area of 7 million people cant buy eight thousand tickets to an opening day...its because there is zero interest in the team

shtein the nats sold their 5000 for OD out in like six minutes

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on March 24, 2021, 10:22:01 AM
The Venn diagram of baseball fans and covid deniers might just be a single circle.

youd think you could get 8000 covid deniers who hated baseball to go just to protest how only 8000 people are allowed

MDS

unless its a private link im not seeing OD tickets on the site

get in price is 120 on stubhub
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Some guy named O'Hoppe just blasted a HR against some scrub Yankees pitcher.

Meaningless baseball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Flyers right now.

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

Kingery optioned to AAA.

MDS

the kingery thing fits. hes terrible and still working on a new swing that wont mean a farg of a shtein because hes terrible

not sure about romero though. they only have one lefty in the pen and he is their best reliever. romero will be up multiple times im sure. i guess they plan on pitching around freddie freeman next week then. which does inherently make sense.

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

ODH, Haley, Quinn????  Let the fun begin. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Time to kick off this WS run, boys.

I had a customer push a meeting start time until 2 today so I'll have to listen on the radio on the way home.

phattymatty

mets nets postponed due to covid very surprising.