Around the NFL - 2017

Started by Diomedes, February 10, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Maybe they'll fall in love with another qb in the draft and decide to ruin his career instead.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 22, 2017, 08:06:30 AM
anything is possible but i cant imagine a scenario where dan snyder lets a player go much less a top qb because of money.....id be shocked if he wasnt signed long term by washington but at the very least they will tag him again

So Art, tell us, how many times does Snyder have to farg up before you stop idolizing him?

ice grillin you

im idolizing him because i think he doesnt have a problem spending money to keep or acquire a player?

that doesnt even make sense....but thats something you are consistently good at
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

No you idolize him because you love the taterskins and you're the biggest homer they have.  You're the only one who doesn't realize or accept that, IGY.   

Denial is a wonderful thing. 

ice grillin you

im sure i am....i mean the best part of having eagle season tickets is getting to see a washington game every year....but how does thinking they wont let cousins walk make anyone a homer

they have paid him 45 million in the last 24 months to keep him...now they are just gonna be like peace out?....maybe im wrong but i just dont see it

Rome

They're not paying him $34M for the franchise tag nor are they risking giving him $28M to only get a third back in the transition tag. 

But you're right... the way the taterskins do business, they might just be the one team stupid enough to do so. 

PhillyPhreak54

I'd think that if he wanted to pay him they would have done so previously, no?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on November 22, 2017, 09:26:17 AM
They're not paying him $34M for the franchise tag nor are they risking giving him $28M to only get a third back in the transition tag. 

But you're right... the way the taterskins do business, they might just be the one team stupid enough to do so. 

you know they can sign him long term as well

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 22, 2017, 09:30:04 AM
I'd think that if he wanted to pay him they would have done so previously, no?

not necessarily...they had the best of both worlds the last two years....they get cousins at the price of a long term deal without having to commit 75 mil of guaranteed money and you get to evaluate him without being in balls deep to him

none of what happened previously matters tho....the question now is will a team let one of the best qb's in the league in his prime just walk...i cant see any team much less washington letting that happen in todays nfl

MDS

lol cousins is one of the best qbs in the league

hes going to be paid like it but hes not the 2nd best qb in his own division
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

not sure why that is lol

hes easily top ten but i guess thats not one of the best in the league when you are a raging homer

MDS

undeniably better than cuzzo: wentz, rodgers, stafford, brees, newton, ryan, wilson, brady, rberger, luck, watson, carr, rivers
higher ceiling than cuzzo: prescott, bridgewater, garropolo, goff, mariota
interchangeable with cuzzo: dalton, smith
IMO garbage but one could make the argument theyre going to be better than cuzzo: winston, trubisky
not as good as cuzzo: cutler/tannehill, browns trifecta, broncos trifecta, mccown, bortles, flacco, palmer, taylor, eli

top ten!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Cousins reminds me of Romo in the sense that there's like 3 or 4 games a year where he looks all world, a game or 2 where he looks absolutely terrible, and the rest of the time he's just as likely to farg something up as he is to not farg up.  I don't know if it's him or coaching/play calling or both, but he seems more like a guy who can occasionally be great and can consistently be frustrating. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 22, 2017, 10:08:13 AM
Cousins reminds me of Romo in the sense that there's like 3 or 4 games a year where he looks all world, a game or 2 where he looks absolutely terrible, and the rest of the time he's just as likely to farg something up as he is to not farg up.  I don't know if it's him or coaching/play calling or both, but he seems more like a guy who can occasionally be great and can consistently be frustrating.

welcome to just about every qb in the nfl other than maybe tom brady drew bees and

cam newton sucked last year....andrew luck has sucked for a couple years...who doesnt suck at times....but look at the numbers the last four years and if you dont have couysins in your top 10 then you are an idiot

Quote from: MDS on November 22, 2017, 09:59:05 AM
undeniably better than cuzzo: wentz, rodgers, stafford, brees, newton, ryan, wilson, brady, rberger, luck, watson, carr, rivers
higher ceiling than cuzzo: prescott, bridgewater, garropolo, goff, mariota
interchangeable with cuzzo: dalton, smith
IMO garbage but one could make the argument theyre going to be better than cuzzo: winston, trubisky
not as good as cuzzo: cutler/tannehill, browns trifecta, broncos trifecta, mccown, bortles, flacco, palmer, taylor, eli

lolol....stop talking football....the eagles being good has warped your mind...you wanna be a god awful homer go ahead but cease talking about anything else....youve lost it

also you used to destroy matthew stafford now hes the bestest

SD

Quote from: MDS on November 22, 2017, 09:38:36 AM
lol cousins is one of the best qbs in the league

hes going to be paid like it but hes not the 2nd best qb in his own division

I'd take him over Dak. He's been better or just as good with no running game, O line, or stud WRs. Washington would be smart to sign him long term and give him weapons but they're Washington so they'll probably insult him, trade him for a pick, then sign the biggest FAs on the market.

MDS

garropolo very well could be worse than me but hes a great unknown right now. we know what cousins is. he puts up stats. he takes horrible game killing grounding penalties. he loses to case keenum at home.

stafford is on the lower end of that list but hes at least won a meaningful game here or there unlike cuzzo

you are blindly claiming cuzzo to be this top 10 qb with no evidence. what exactly has he accomplished. who has he beat.