2017 Draft Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2017, 07:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

I saw more good catches in Clemson/Alabama than I did all year from the Eagles.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

100% against trading the #1 for Cooks.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 07, 2017, 12:35:14 PM

For which reason?

1. #1 pick should be used for something other than WR
2. Rookie WRs that will be available for the Birds are better than Cooks
3. Rookie WRs may or may not be better than Cooks but will be cheaper and signed for longer

smeags

he wants to be able to see the eagles draft in the 1st round, cause the draft is in philly.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

General_Failure

How mad is he gonna be when they go DT in the first round?

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

if you are going to do it this is the year for this reason...i dont know if there are enough players to even deservedly fill the top ten of this draft....but from the looks of it thus far id say there 100 players who deserve to be in the top 50
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 07, 2017, 12:47:23 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 07, 2017, 12:35:14 PM

For which reason?

1. #1 pick should be used for something other than WR
2. Rookie WRs that will be available for the Birds are better than Cooks
3. Rookie WRs may or may not be better than Cooks but will be cheaper and signed for longer

I think it is too much to give up. They do need WR help obviously but the price is quite steep. I am not sure who I 100% want them to go after in the first. Fournette would be the guy but I fear he will not be there at 14.

Susquehanna Birder

If they could get a decent veteran for the 2nd, then trade down (or swap picks in the 1st) and take a shot at McCaffrey...that might be interesting. But just a flat out 1st for Cooks - who will require more money than a decent rookie - just doesn't make sense to me.

QB Eagles

The first is only too much to give up if they are going to use it on something that helps the team more than Cooks. It has no inherent value.

I think it makes sense to not want the trade if you would prefer a cheaper, younger player the team can control for more years, although you have to accept the risk that the player turns out to be Nelson Agholor. It also makes sense if you think another position is a bigger need in the first.

I don't think the Eagles are likely to draft a WR better than Cooks, so I think reason #2 is difficult to defend.

Eagaholic

Quote from: General_Failure on March 07, 2017, 12:55:49 PM
How mad is he gonna be when they go DT in the first round?
Not as mad as when they convert him to fullback next year.

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd76

Although WR is still a possibility because the top 3 are all UFAs after the season, it's no longer as big of a need with #14 or whatever unless Williams drops to them. Seems like the plan is to go for at least two CBs and a RB in the first 3-4 rounds, then add more front seven depth and an OT on day 3

BigEd76

Sidney Jones tore his Achilles at the Washington Pro Day today

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.