2009 Week 1

Started by Diomedes, September 10, 2009, 08:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

tennessee's 4 man rush is almost nothing without haynesworth in the middle.  fisher might want to start adding some blitz packages. 

their run d was sick though.  holding pitt to 30some yards on 20some carries is rediculous. 

PhillyPhreak54

Polamalu is a pimp. That INT he had at home against SD last year and the one tonight were amazing.

Too bad he has an MCL injury and will miss 3-6 weeks.

Santonio Holmes ready to step into the elite level.

Munson

Quote from: reese125 on September 10, 2009, 09:12:27 PM
Polamalu is off the friggin hinges with the way he plays. that int was ridic

who the hell has him in our fantasy league here?

That would be me.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 11, 2009, 12:53:48 AM
Polamalu is a pimp. That INT he had at home against SD last year and the one tonight were amazing.

Well, farg.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

farging Polamalu.  Guy is the real deal.  shtein, I almost went out and bought his jersey tonight.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

The lack of Titans sending more than the front 4 on those last two drives, was a sad sign for them. Even if they did, Roethlisberger still prob would of found a way to win. That guy is gold. May not have the stats to prove it, but he's a winner and a special athlete/rapist. Top 3 QB in the league no doubt in my mind. Polumalu is a man, bear pig. He was all over the place in the first half. Both of those teams will be in the playoffs. Good game to start the season!

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mussa on September 11, 2009, 09:53:22 AM
The lack of Titans sending more than the front 4 on those last two drives, was a sad sign for them. Even if they did, Roethlisberger still prob would of found a way to win. That guy is gold. May not have the stats to prove it, but he's a winner and a special athlete/rapist. Top 3 QB in the league no doubt in my mind. Polumalu is a man, bear pig. He was all over the place in the first half. Both of those teams will be in the playoffs. Good game to start the season!

300+ yds last night says otherwise.  my opinion of him started to change last year.  i always felt that he benefited from having such a dominant running game and wasnt' really much of an all around qb.  but last year their running game was a little inconsistant and parker was hurt a bit and he still made plays.  then watching him last night with almost no ground game to speak of was pretty damn awesome.  imo, he's a complete qb right now.  his first few years, he was able to play behind a great o-line with a great running game and didn't have to do much........accept learn and develop.   

Feva

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 11, 2009, 12:53:48 AM

Fitzgerald better watch out... That Madden Curse ain't no joke!
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mussa

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 11, 2009, 10:28:51 AM

300+ yds last night says otherwise.  my opinion of him started to change last year.  i always felt that he benefited from having such a dominant running game and wasnt' really much of an all around qb.  but last year their running game was a little inconsistant and parker was hurt a bit and he still made plays.  then watching him last night with almost no ground game to speak of was pretty damn awesome.  imo, he's a complete qb right now.  his first few years, he was able to play behind a great o-line with a great running game and didn't have to do much........accept learn and develop.   

Thats more or less what I meant. Look at his career stats, nothing compared to Brady or Manning. The guys got 2 superbowls already! Now he's showing us he can throw the ball 40 times a game and still be successful. Epic fail on the titans for not bringing the house at him on those last 2 drives. Like i said even if they would of, his footwork and ability to extend the play is unparalleled in the NFL. Plus they got the coaches to adjust, they would of adjusted on the spot to counter the blitz's. Ive watched them do it, time and time again. Great team, great coaches. If the AFC wasn't so talented, I'd say repeat right now, but I'll tell ya they will prob be battling in the AFC championship game for sure.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

yeah, i hate to say it but the steelers really are a first class team from top to bottom.  great ownership, coaches and players. 

General_Failure

Nice guys all around, but the coach sometimes gets this look on his face like he's about to rape someone's mother.

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

the QB gets rapey sometimes too. 

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 11, 2009, 10:28:51 AM

I can play this game too. Idiot.

Sgt PSN

the difference between you and me is that i sometimes post from my job and don't always have the time to proof read a post before submitting it.  you on the other hand, are posting from a trailer with a hub cab wind chime and a front yard full of pink flamingos and lawn gnomes while smoking whatever remains of your mom's pall malls are left in the ash tray.