The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

39 and 20 mph wind in the middle of PA. Glad I won't be up on the roof today!

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

So whats the deal with this storm tonight/tomorrow, and the followup one sunday?  Saw some preliminary totals of 6-10 inches for the tristate region.  I'm ready for a big ass snow storm, and expecting this thing to flop. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

Rome

Sgt PSN

It's called winter you stupid Floridian.

SD

They're cancelling school tomorrow in areas because of the cold. Are you farging kidding me?

Rome

Munson

Morning windchills are supposed to be in the negative high teens and 20's, frostbite and other health concerns will do that.

I would say I never got off for school because of cold weather...but I also don't think it ever got this cold here when I was growing up.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

We had work Friday, I had to call out because my daughters school was closed and I couldn't find a sitter. They delayed opening until 11 AM and let people go at 3. For the people that called out which was 90% of my office they want them to use 8 hours leave which is bullshtein. They also neglected to take care of the lot. A pregnant girl I work with slipped on the ice and fell and had to go to the hospital. So they made people drive in zesty weather for 4 hours of work and neglected to plow the parking lot or sidewalks.

Sgt PSN

You could always go back in the Navy. 

SD

General_Failure

That might be truer than you think if they keep forgetting that ice.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Munson on January 06, 2014, 07:39:05 PM
Morning windchills are supposed to be in the negative high teens and 20's, frostbite and other health concerns will do that.

I would say I never got off for school because of cold weather...but I also don't think it ever got this cold here when I was growing up.
Wifes school district is still holding to a normal schedule despite all surrounding counties even in other states are cancelling.  They sent out a warning to parents tonight just to remind them to dress their kids accordingly, and parents were either flipping out about how school should be cancelled, or how the school doesn't need to tell them how to dress their kids.  These people reproduce at incredible rates around here.