The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Wild storms yesterday.  Last night around 10:30pm, had another round of storms pass.  Right around that time an explosion went off at Aberdeen Proving Grounds.  My assumption is that lightning struck unexploded ordinance somewhere on the range at the base, because that sound wasn't any kind of thunderclap.  I've heard hundreds of ordinance rounds over the past few years.  Can't find a thing on it of course. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on May 25, 2013, 12:15:15 PM
Late May and it feels like Fall. More Global warming fail.

This is just as ridiculous as when people think warm day in January proves that global warming is real.  Sometimes it gets cold when it's supposed to be hot.  Sometimes it's hot when it's supposed to be cold.  Neither proves or disproves climate change.

It's like saying that Ben Revere is a great hitter because he has a 4-4 day three times a season.   

Rome

Something as complex as the global climate isn't going to be explained with simple observations.  It's taken decades of observation and the proof is absolute.  The climate is changing and we're the cause. 

Diomedes

But a guy from the Heritage foundation said otherwise today on NPR.

At what point do major media outlets stop giving "equal time" to unequal people.  They don't invite a holocaust denier to every discussion about WWII.  They don't conference in with the Truthers whenever they discuss 9/11/01.

Enough of these fools.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

They stop giving equal time when the audience stops watching it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

You'd call them hipsters.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Their audience is everyone?

ice grillin you

liberal leave in effect for the fed govt in dc cause of the potential storms today

Sgt PSN

So the conservatives have to stay and work?

General_Failure

If they don't, the terrorists win.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

blue skies and people laying out at my pool right now.

ice grillin you

possible tornado by christiana mall right now

SD

A lot of people are bitching about this gloomy weather...I'm loving it. No idea why.