The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Natural disasters not worthy of a new thread.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

farg earthquakes and farg tsunamis.  Our annual civil defense drill last night.  Tidal surge of 1 foot.  If you're gonna hit than farging hit hard.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

hbionic

Quote from: rjs246 on October 28, 2012, 03:29:28 PM
Earthquakes are not weather. Also this thread cracks me up.

It was earthquake weather. So, yes it is.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

So the biggest problem with this storm to me is protecting my daughters trampoline. Yeah I know it's only a stupid trampoline but it cost $200 [birthday present from Grandmom] and she loves it. So I turned it on it's side and wedged it between my house and the wooden fence. Then I put a bunch of heavy bags and rocks on it and filled my trashcans with heavy rocks and wedged them alongside it. Hopefully that does the trick.

No work tomorrow and I have a case of beer so other than that life is good.

Diomedes

It's not possible to just fold the thing up?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

No. I tried dismantling it but in order to do so I would have to untie the net that goes around it. The ties are double knotted and I spent 30 minutes on one but couldn't get it. Tried finding someone with a truck so I could throw it in my moms garage but no luck.

General_Failure

Get your husband to untie it for you?

SD

Here's what I'm dealing with. The trampoline is filled with heavy shtein and the other side is fortified too.

General_Failure

Don't mind me, I'm just cranky today. Apparently I do give a shtein about the stupid Eagles.

hbionic

Good luck today East Coasters. May the weather gods be with you.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

sandy intensified as it started moving closer to Jersey,  which I don't think they were expecting. The storm surge is going to end up flooding the new york subway system.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

all the hype may have been legit this time...OC MD may be gone after this.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

Quote from: phattymatty on October 29, 2012, 11:58:20 AM
all the hype may have been legit this time...OC MD may be gone after this.
The parking lot down by the boardwalk was underwater last night, I can't imagine what it's gonna look like tonight.

The Delaware beaches are also pretty much farged. Route 1 is already under water in a lot of spots
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds