The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

How does this affect Sunday? Wet and soggy tailgate, yes?

ice grillin you

at this point its tough to pin down hour by hour but tailgate should be ok

theres a good chance rain moves in at some point during the game...but that could easily be pushed back to the late afternoon/early evening
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Gotta love how the media is trying to out-doom each other with the warnings.  They're acting like totally irresponsible iceholes and will be the first to decimate the forecasters for their predictions afterward.

General_Failure

But seriously though, everyone on the east coast is going to die.

Actually, I see it more as them going, "Look, guys. This could get bad, and we don't want you to look like those idiots from the whole Katrina incident. Just in case, be ready to not be those guys. Do you remember how you laughed at them? People are going to laugh at your dumb, fat ass just as hard if it all goes to hell."

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

The eye of the storm is literally due east of me right now.  We're getting hit by consistent 40-50 MPH winds with higher gusts and teeming rain.  Granted we've been through dozens of these storms, but everyone here is yawning at this shtein.  Now, it could get worse as it goes further north, but still, the level of panic from officials up there is just off the charts.

I mean, ordering mandatory evacs when the storm is three days out at the earliest?  I could farging walk from Sea Isle to Philly in three days, for God's sake.  Calm down, already.

General_Failure

Sure, but just in case the storm also opens up a portal to Hell...

Munson

Quote from: Rome on October 26, 2012, 05:43:32 PM
The eye of the storm is literally due east of me right now.  We're getting hit by consistent 40-50 MPH winds with higher gusts and teeming rain.  Granted we've been through dozens of these storms, but everyone here is yawning at this shtein.  Now, it could get worse as it goes further north, but still, the level of panic from officials up there is just off the charts.

I mean, ordering mandatory evacs when the storm is three days out at the earliest?  I could farging walk from Sea Isle to Philly in three days, for God's sake.  Calm down, already.

I think most of the hysteria is directed at the fact that this hurricane is going to be combining with two other systems and a mass of cold air that's gonna spark off some even nastier storms than just what the hurricane is bringing
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

reese125

I dont think I've ever been this scared in my life.

Rome

General_Failure

Tsunami warning for Alaska and British Columbia after a 7.7 earthquake.

ice grillin you

how dare you over shadow the windy rain we are supposed to get in the northeast

General_Failure

Costa Rica also had a zesty little earthquake.

hbionic

Quote from: General_Failure on October 27, 2012, 11:36:37 PM
Costa Rica also had a zesty little earthquake.

We just had a small tremor here about 15 mins ago. I heard it coming for about 5 seconds before it shook. I ain't be sleeping well the rest of the night.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

care factor - negative 19

rjs246

Earthquakes are not weather. Also this thread cracks me up.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.