The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Only if you plant your flag on it first. The race is on, motherfarger.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

I'll take his 4Runner.  SB, please be considerate enough to plug the exhaust so it doesn't drown. 

Seabiscuit36

we have a lower lot, it could be yours.  only requirement is north east, md/TurkeyPoint gets whiped off the map. 

Our expectations for living where we do is we're farged for at a day driving if only trees go down.  If its a case of lines on the wires, were farged.  Delmarva has been good in the past. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

They said the same thing about Ike when it was coming towards Houston about how if it tracked up the ship channel it would be the storm of the century and all that stuff.

Just don't be like those jerkoffs who refused to evacuate and then we read about how they found your body 45 miles away floating in a marsh.

A lot of those people down on Gavleston. Hurricane is coming and I am not leaving! I'm tough!

Tough and dead!

Geowhizzer

Yeah, if the eye is headed your way, get the hell out.

Munson

Don't really have much of a choice here. Everywhere we would go is also in the path more or less....Pheonixville, Newark, etc.

We're not close to any bodies of water thankfully, so really it's just a matter of waiting out the wind. Unfortunately there are plenty of big trees in this neighborhood...I mean trailer park.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Being in the path is fine...just batten down the hatches. Being in the path and living on an island - you're a dumb farg if you stay.

I will never understand the jackholes who stayed down on Galveston and up the coast.

Whats the local news like?

Have people bought all the bottled water and batteries yet?

Diomedes

The gun stores sold out of bullets and pistols.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Things must be desperate down there if they're buying guns legally.

Diomedes

It's very good for the local economy.  Provides work for nurses, funeral homes, grave diggers.  Good business, a hurricane.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Munson on August 25, 2011, 08:04:14 PM
Don't really have much of a choice here. Everywhere we would go is also in the path more or less....Pheonixville, Newark, etc.

We're not close to any bodies of water thankfully, so really it's just a matter of waiting out the wind. Unfortunately there are plenty of big trees in this neighborhood...I mean trailer park.

If you're inland, you should be OK.  Hopefully it will be down to a Cat-1 by the time it gets to you.

The folks on the Jersey coast need to get the hell out of dodge.  The wind won't be the worst part of the storm - the storm surge will be. 

General_Failure

Maybe some overtime for those poor bastiches that get to search the water for bodies.

Munson

My mom's a lifer at Acme and said it started to get crazy today. Tomorrow's probably going to be unreal there. Though I think a lot of us up here aren't really sure how serious this should be taken, considering a storm this strong hitting here has happened....never?

2 inches of snow? rush to the store and buy milk. 100 MPH winds? Eh, what the hell, it's just wind. Idiots.

I'd like to get some wood to board up a few windows but no time or extra income to do that shtein. Just got the groceries, got the flashlights and candles ready, gonna bring in the umbrella and glass table from the deck, and move the car to a spot where hopefully a tree won't be able to damage it if it falls.

My g/f lives on Long Island and said they'll probably get evacuated to North of Sunrise Highway, but I told her this is possibly a "so bad you need to get the farg off the island" type of storm. Jersey announced their plans today, I assume we'll get New York's plans tomorrow.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Quote from: General_Failure on August 25, 2011, 08:17:23 PMMaybe some overtime for those poor bastiches that get to search the water for bodies.

Meh, why worry.  The tourists at the Inner Harbor seem happy enough to do the job for free.

SD

I hope the storm holds off until Mondayish so I can have a 3 day weekend