The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Try this math:

Bourbon + kid = 8 hours of sleep

General_Failure

Just a thimble-full will do the trick. Either that or she'll drunk post all over here and Facebook.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

So we are about to get royally slammed by a hurricane here in Daytona.  Looks like we're facing the prospect of a Cat 3 being just off the coast on Thursday.  It also seems to be tracking right up the coast towards the Northeast too.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201109_5day.html

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on August 22, 2011, 06:05:11 PM
So we are about to get royally slammed by a hurricane here in Daytona.  Looks like we're facing the prospect of a Cat 3 being just off the coast on Thursday.  It also seems to be tracking right up the coast towards the Northeast too.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201109_5day.html

Yeah, the track has been inching a bit to the east each time it's updated.  Right now, we're JUST outside the cone.  That damn thing has a knack of moving back and forth.  This one could be a nasty storm too - an outside chance of reaching CAT-4 status if it stays off the coast of Florida.

Rome

We're going to get blasted by storm surge either way.  The EOC has already been activated and we're being told by our supervisors to expect massive damage, extended power outages, etc.

Sgt PSN

Damn, that sucks.  On the plus side, your power will be out so we don't have to listen to you bitch about it. 

WINNING! 

Diomedes

Is Maryland going to get wet?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Looks like it's going to hit the RDU area pretty solidly.

PhillyPhreak54

Still not a drop here....maybe it will turn this way, we need it

MDS

we got a florida summer afternoon storm here. randomly down-poured and 10 seconds later it was back to being blazing hot.

and no to rain until hurricane season is over. dont even wish that shtein J.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Hurricanes=Reasons to talk about weather

Bitching because its snowing or humid=Go farg yourself
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 22, 2011, 10:33:34 PM
Looks like it's going to hit the RDU area pretty solidly.

Yeah, it's looking more like it will hit somewhere in the Carolinas as a CAT-3 (winds 111-130 mph), and it will be a nasty one.  Rome's probably going to be looking at a CAT-4 (winds 131-155 mph), but hopefully far enough offshore to somewhat minimize his damage. 

charlie

Quote from: hbionic on August 23, 2011, 04:26:50 AM
Hurricanes=Reasons to talk about weather

Bitching because its snowing or humid=Go farg yourself

only if you live in the philly area, otherwise it's your fault for not living here and deserve the inclimate weather.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Looks to be making landfall in eastern NC and shouldn't bother us much. Good news for me.

Munson

Most of the models are showing it'll prob be a Cat2 or a high Cat1 by the time it gets to the Delaware Valley. That would be ridiculous...I think the first storm to still be a hurricane by the time it got here since I've been alive. The last one I can remember that was still relatively strong when it got here was Floyd back in 1999. But I think that had already been downgraded to a Tropical Storm at that point.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds