The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

it barely ever gets to 100 in florida

and the average high in DC right now is like two degrees less than anywhere in florida...the difference as mentioned by geo is that florida has that for almost half the year...the extremes up here tho are worse
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: SD on July 22, 2011, 07:47:34 PM
Quote from: Munson on July 22, 2011, 04:25:56 PM
One thing we can be sure of, SD won't be running to this thread with the weather report to mock the idea of climate change.

You're right, because in the 4.6 Billion years of the Earth's history it's never been this hot.

You're right, I see what you're saying. Using a few days worth of weather to proclaim an entire scientifically researched theory true is foolish and ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as using a few days worth of weather to mock and insinuate that same theory isn't at all true.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Munson

Don't be so sensitive.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Munson

The last 2 days prove it's true.

Dillen

Munson

Dillen

That wasn't specifically for you, it's to share among everybody who has posted in this thread the past couple days

Munson

I know, it just seemed like such a random angry outburst :-D

Susquehanna Birder

I was sitting at a semi outdoor bar in Jamaica maybe a month ago, and one evening it was maybe 90 degrees and 85 to 90 percent humidity, with no breeze. That was completely nasty. Just sitting there drinking, I could feel the sweat oozing out of the pores in my scalp.

I like to think that week helped ready me for this heat wave. It just doesn't really bother me that much.

Diomedes

I drink a gallon and a half of water and piss once all day in weather like this.

And I've got it easy. 

Firefighters in this weather..that's some honorable shtein.  I'm thankful for them especially on days like this. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

fire fighters on the average day dont get a single serious call....im sure they will survive
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

you're a contrary bitch

they may not get a serious call but they do get a bunch of bullshtein ones for which they still have to suit up in this heat.  That alone sucks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

On days like this they're probably going door to door to remind people not to run the fans with the windows closed.

The man. The myth. The legend.