The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

Nary a flake. You'se wrong again. All that scientific stuff is mumbo jumbo when it comes to the weather, because there is no set formula for anything, the weather constantly changes minute to minute so trying to use computers and models to predict it means theres a different prediction every minute. Might say the weather is somewhat unpredictable. Especially a big snow storm, it's not like saying theres a 50% chance of rain and covering your ass.

ice grillin you

Quote from: shorebird on December 25, 2010, 09:26:55 AM
Nary a flake. You'se wrong again. All that scientific stuff is mumbo jumbo when it comes to the weather, because there is no set formula for anything, the weather constantly changes minute to minute so trying to use computers and models to predict it means theres a different prediction every minute. Might say the weather is somewhat unpredictable. Especially a big snow storm, it's not like saying theres a 50% chance of rain and covering your ass.

sound dumber...it rarely ever changes minute minute...that is what makes this storm so unique....gfs and euro banged out every huge snow from last winter 100% on point
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

global warming is a lie propagated by fancy computer using city slickers, too
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on December 25, 2010, 09:49:45 AM
global warming is a lie propagated by fancy computer using city slickers, too

fact.

Diomedes

flurries in Baltimore

FACT
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: shorebird on December 25, 2010, 09:26:55 AM
All that scientific stuff is mumbo jumbo

lol palinite

just say god does everything and embrace stupidity
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

weather.com is apparently expecting snow now for Sunday.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

It'll call around 2 to see what time is good for you.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

We're going to have a white Christmas in NC.

Eagles_Legendz

accuweather is calling it a 'blizzard', though snow accumulations will be less than a foot.

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/43512/blizzard-looms-for-philadelphi.asp

Rome

It's going to rain like a motherfarger here.

Oh, wait... no it's not.  It's like 72 & sunny.

Bwahaha!

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on December 25, 2010, 01:01:14 PM
accuweather is calling it a 'blizzard', though snow accumulations will be less than a foot.

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/43512/blizzard-looms-for-philadelphi.asp

blizzard is all about wind strength

my guess right now is 4-8 for dc and philly....12+ possible in north jerz nyc...10-12 for the eastern shore.....chances for 12"+ as you get closer to the coast

this is one of those storms where less than a 100 mile shift in the low could make all the difference for the 95 corridor....points towards the coast are gonna get hit hard no matter what
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous