The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Mexicans are religious on sundays

PhillyGirl

When there were 3 feet of snow on the ground I said I would never complain about the heat this summer.

Its only June and I have decided that I'd rather have 3 feet of snow on the ground than to have it be 100 degrees of stifling heat.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

ive never been uncomfortable here with the heat. it gets a little too humid sometimes but otherwise its actually quite nice. take a dip in the pool or sit in the shade and read. life isnt all that bad, woman.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

The storms out there really cooled it down
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

hit 100 here today....all time record
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Today was not a good day to go digging through a cluttered garage.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

90 degrees feels like winter to me.

Its hot and sunny and humid every day here. It rains enough to steam it up when the sun comes right back out after the passing shower.

QB Eagles

My parents house got majorly farged up in the storms today... Hail smashed through their windows and someone else's giant oak tree was uprooted and deposited in their backyard. All wires snapped and a ton of other exterior damage. I saw a picture of their backyard on Action News...

My mom says she saw a nearly opaque wall of white hit the house. Guess we'll have to wait to find out if it was tornadic.

Diomedes

Well, it wasn't a summer shower.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

I love the heat, been outside the better part of this week. There's nothing like working up a good sweat then jumping in a pool.

rjs246

The heat can suck it. The cold too. Spring and Fall are the shtein. If only Spring actually existed anymore.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

ill take low 90s all day everyday FTW
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

The only time it is ever okay to be above 85 degrees is if you have a pool or the ocean readily available.

If not...farg that.

I'll take 3 feet of snow any day over that.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyGirl

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 24, 2010, 08:00:15 PM
My parents house got majorly farged up in the storms today... Hail smashed through their windows and someone else's giant oak tree was uprooted and deposited in their backyard. All wires snapped and a ton of other exterior damage. I saw a picture of their backyard on Action News...

My mom says she saw a nearly opaque wall of white hit the house. Guess we'll have to wait to find out if it was tornadic.

We live on a golf course, and I saw that same opaque wall of white come down the course and hit our house. Blew a bunch of wires behind the house a few down from here and started up a nice fire. Blew out our power for the whole night. Had to stay at the parents house. Took an hour to go 20 minutes because every street was detoured for downed lines and trees.

Took another hour this morning to drive through the war zone around here. Passed by SIX houses with trees right through the top, smashed roofs and all.

I would not be surprised if there were tornadoes.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen