The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Damn, if he keeps surrendering to the weather we're gonna have to rename the state New France.

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Seabiscuit36

I've read a page of this and will defend Havas some, I drank and drove from 16-26 pretty often.  Its like anything, if you can do it well, you can do it better.  The difference is Drinking when your plastered out of your mind, and actually having that cutoff switch in your brain to say i have to get a cab or take my keys.  I rarely do it, its mostly at wine dinners and shtein now where the wifey is too drunk to function.  Never the less Havas is right, during snow storms, you have a million outs, no one on the road, if you do sideswipe a pole, just walk away and say that you feared being stuck out there all night wiht the overload of a blizzard.  Just dont drive dumb.

Oh, and i was All State Drunk Driving in HS
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

at least someone doesnt have a corn cob up their anus
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Everyone here has driven drunk at some point. But yes, there is a difference between being drunk and being destroyed. It's still not something you should do either way.

Got some early pics....all the places where tar is supposed to be were completely cleared off and plowed earlier today.

^^^One side plowed, the other side not.

^^^That's the same photo from above, but with the "auto enhance". This is the first batch of pictures I used the auto enhance on, I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Anyways, this is only after 4 hours of snow, and this stuff is supposed to last/get stronger at some points for another 16 or so hours....awesome.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

paco

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 09, 2010, 10:03:30 PM
Quote from: paco on February 09, 2010, 10:01:28 PM
Just got back from the bar.  Its coming down good in DC now.  I'm never getting home.

what bar
Logan Tavern.  Its only 2 blocks from my hotel and has 2.75 miller lites during happy hour.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

PhillyGirl

its totally stopped now I think....anyone know when it will start up again?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

not sure, but when it does its gonna be nasty, we're in blizzard warnings and have a special alert to how bad this shtein is gonna get. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

so we have 37 inches already on the ground...and the news says another 12-15 on the way. Where are we supposed to put it?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

Just started snowing again, really really big flakes, and its coming down heavy

Diomedes

My old man is currently in jail for drunk driving.  Something like his 8th arrest.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

So, are any of you dead this morning from the snow?

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

maybe, WBAL just called Cecil County, MD "The Clobberzone" with an expected 20 inches today.  FML

hbionic