The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Cnn just said another 10-20 inches is expected in the heart of the storm. :o thats incredible!!

QB Eagles

They were calling for 6" to 10" here in Pittsburgh, but as of this morning the region is well on its way to two feet of snow, and it's still coming down hard. I keep losing power, and the region is paralyzed and has been declared a disaster area.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

I'm dug out for now.  Got the old man across the street dug out too.  One thing I like about snow is the opportunity to help neighbors.  I don't mind the work either.

But holy cow, there's a lot. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Nor'easter coming next week, too.

Rome

61 and sunny here.

brrrrrrrrrrr...

shorebird

At least two feet on Delmarva, and still coming down strong.

General_Failure

Probably two feet here now, but it seems to have stopped. The wind is still kicking it around though. Just dug out some three foot high drifts.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyGirl

Quoteover 100,000+ are without power with storm-force winds knocking down trees and powerlines as the blizzard continues in NJ/PA/MD/DE. Snow totals in excess of 30" have already been reported in the region. It appears another significant snowstorm will strike the same area during the middle of the week with another major nor'easter possible next weekend.

Quote30-40" of snow is likely from this blizzard in/around DC and Baltimore; 20-30" is possible around Philly and points south/east. Blowing snow is likely with drifts in excess of 4 feet likely in portions of DC/DE/MD.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

31 here right now and its still relentless...not supposed to stop till 6

this is amazing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

gotta start your day off right. 

I have a drift in front of my house thats now up to the top of my 4Runner
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

2+ feet of snow?  i'd suggest that pg tie a rope around her waist before venturing outside. 

Rome

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 06, 2010, 10:24:33 AM
31 here right now and its still relentless...not supposed to stop till 6

this is amazing

Thats fargin awesome! I wish my kids get to experience a big ass snow storm like i did as a kid.