The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

great livers think a like

btw the new gfs prints just came out and show 20-24" for dc....20" is probably a mean to use.....the track of both the coastal low and the ull low are basically as good as it gets for a historic storm....it shows a 984mb low off the delmarva....which is strong as farg

this could now be a top 10 all time storm
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Greatest storm of the decade, IGY?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: rjs246 on February 04, 2010, 11:01:49 AM
IGY is 1000% right about this. Bars during snow storms are the farging tits. Everyone is giddy to get farged up and in good spirits. It's always a blast.
College dorms are defintely 2nd to that, had some great snow'd in times.  I love driving in snow, that shtein is fun. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

igy you should hit recessions with me early tomorrow.

mussa

regardless where you are at snow always gets people in good moods. or at least always gets me into the mood to drink. why is that...
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on February 04, 2010, 11:22:18 AM
igy you should hit recessions with me early tomorrow.

im def in
if i get out early
and theres no real threat of marc not getting me home

so maybe im not def in then

Quote from: General_Failure on February 04, 2010, 11:14:56 AM

the millers crossing of storms

PhillyGirl

QuoteMid-Atlantic As disruptive as the storm will be in the Midwest and Plains, plan on "no travel" in the Virginias, central and southern Pennsylvania, the Delmarva and much of New Jersey Friday night into Saturday.

Much of this same area will get a foot or more of snow. Accumulations have the potential to reach 2 feet in some areas, matching or exceeding snowfall from the December blizzard.

Since this storm's duration will be less than 24 hours, snowfall rates may reach 3 inches per hour. Storm crews may not be able to keep up.

If you travel during the storm, you will run the risk of getting stuck on the road or waiting for your flight at an airport.

The intense snowfall combined with plunging temperatures and increasing wind are going to result in an all-out blizzard in northern and coastal areas with blowing and drifting snow.

Roads may go from wet to snow covered with near-zero visibility in a matter of minutes.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 04, 2010, 11:35:35 AM

That would be awesome if true. I'd love to be able to turn off a storm after five minutes of not liking it.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: General_Failure on February 04, 2010, 12:09:14 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 04, 2010, 11:35:35 AM

That would be awesome if true. I'd love to be able to turn off a storm after five minutes of not liking it.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

people who hate millers crossing or the wire are either horrible americans or great middle americans

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

I disliked both, so I must be the awesomest American ever.

ice grillin you

At H Street bars, the more it snows, the more you save

Are you praying for snow? Join the club. If you're able to venture out to H Street NE this weekend despite the coming Snowpocalypse, five bars are banding together to offer a wintry happy hour on Friday and Saturday nights. For every six inches of snow dumped on D.C., you can take a dollar off any drink at Little Miss Whiskey's, Jimmy Valentine's Lonely Hearts Club, the Palace of Wonders, the Pug or Sticky Rice. This means that if the Capitol Weather Gang is right and we get 20 inches of snow, you can subtract $3 from each beer on your tab.

ice grillin you