The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 06, 2022, 05:55:56 PMSomehow a temporary road to Pine Island was rebuilt in five days.

Do the See Bees still exist?  Is there a domestic version in the coast guard?  Whoever built it, likely trained in the military.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

According to the local rag, it was built by the Florida DOT "and its partners."

To answer your question, yes, the SeaBees are still around.

Diomedes

If i were to be in the military I'd want to be a sea bee
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

MDS

lee county, where they stationed union troops and named the county after a confederate general
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on October 06, 2022, 11:59:16 PM
lee county, where they stationed union troops and named the county after a confederate general

Yep.  They had to hide the bust of Lee that was kept downtown, though, because people kept vandalizing it.  A group has trying to get it put back.  Notice that none of the names mentioned in this group that cares so damn much about unity and preserving history in Lee County actually live here.

And for the record, no, Lee never set foot in this infernal swamp.

Geowhizzer

You have to be farging kidding me.

https://twitter.com/DylanFedericoWX/status/1589680622708355072

(On the bright side, it won't be Cat-4+ with Noah's Ark-type floods.)

General_Failure

You had to get one more in this season, I guess.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

I've been activated already.  Starting tomorrow I get to sit in a very large room and play on my phone for 48 hours (or so).   My life rules.

PhillyPhreak54

I just want the heat and humidity to chill for awhile. Its November and feels like June.

Rome

When Jim Cantore shows up in your town, run.

Just.  farging.  Run. 

PhillyPhreak54

Is this one gonna take out Mar A Lago?

Classified docs swirling in the air?

Eagaholic

Crates broke open in the surf and millions of rubles washing ashore from Miami to Daytona.

Rome

We are getting pummeled right now.  Nicole came ashore further north than expected so we're catching the northern feeder bands.  11 high rise condos were force-evacuated last night because their foundations have been compromised.  Crazy shtein.

GeneralZOD

Really windy here in South Orlando with Forrest Gump-style stinging rain.
CF Record Holder - Oldest User With Least Amount of Posts