The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Taxpayer money would immediately be spent to rebuild it and also line several large pockets.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

A co-worker of mine was staying with her son for the hurricane, but his home got caught up in the flooding and she had to be rescued.  Thankfully, she's safe.

PhillyPhreak54

Jeez thankfully they got her out

Hope you guys are all holding up ok

General_Failure

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Quote from: General_Failure on September 28, 2022, 05:34:11 PM
Taxpayer money would immediately be spent to rebuild it and also line several large pockets.

Trump Demo, LLL
Trump Roofing Inc
Trump General Contracting and Project Management Inc.
Trump Drywall LLC

Etc. 

He'd suck the tit bone dry.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

meh, that house looks like it deserves it
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 28, 2022, 09:01:04 PM
this is like nightmare stuff

https://twitter.com/JBrewerBoston25/status/1575266715293843462

Harvey flashbacks

I was in a 3rd floor apt thankfully but I'll never forget that storm. When I see vids like this it takes me back to seeing friends and coworkers places get farged

Rome

I'm several hundred miles away from Ft Myers and this bitch has not let up for a single second since yesterday afternoon.   I personally lost power at 5:00 PM yesterday and FPL refused to send anyone out to my house since one customer doesn't mean shtein to them.  There's bigger fish to fry than that, though.  It is howling right now and the storm was supposed to pass north of us and now it's going to exit south of Kennedy Space Center. 

Truly awful storm.   I'm not much for prayers but holy shtein I hope those folks down south are ok. 

General_Failure

My sister just sent me a video of her kid mooning the hurricane, so I guess they're doing okay. Didn't lose power down in the Tampa area.

ice grillin you

anyone see the video of all the water in tampa getting pushed out to sea...basically the opposite of a storm surge...pretty cool

also why doesn't florida have more power lines underground?...i never really understood that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The high tension transmission lines aren't underground, so if those are damaged or destroyed, it really doesn't matter if the others are below ground.

The real reason is cost.  It's enormously expensive to go underground plus you need permission to dig whereas with regular lines they just string em up.

New subdivisions all have underground electric here without exception.  But again, if the main lines go out, everyone is out.  That's what's happened in SW Florida. 

Rome

5G seems to be working just fine in this clusterfarg.  Our 900 MHZ radios are shteinting the bed as usual but the tower we have on the east side of the county has worked perfectly.  Go figure.

General_Failure

Well of course the government would make sure the mind control rays would keep working.