The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Home.  Got power back Friday night.  Got a semblance of cellular service this morning that allowed me to hot-spot successfully enough to get on this board and bitch about the Eagles a bit.   A/C working (thank you Lord!).  My yard looks like the Picayune Strand State Forest threw up all over after a matty-esque bender.  Three full trees down in the yard, a shtein-ton of branches all over.  But the sum total damage to my house is one curled shingle on my roof.  Not even  off - just curled a bit.

No cable or internet yet.  No idea when it will come.  But we have more than enough to get by until it does.  Overall pretty damned thankful.

And Maria... stay the farg away.  Go hit Doug Pederson's house instead.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on September 17, 2017, 09:47:13 AM
i like the one model that directly hits over philly

It takes out IGY and you

WIN.

Eagaholic

General_Failure

Maria's a hurricane now. Get yo popcorn ready.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 17, 2017, 04:20:45 PM
Home.  Got power back Friday night.  Got a semblance of cellular service this morning that allowed me to hot-spot successfully enough to get on this board and bitch about the Eagles a bit.   A/C working (thank you Lord!).  My yard looks like the Picayune Strand State Forest threw up all over after a matty-esque bender.  Three full trees down in the yard, a shtein-ton of branches all over.  But the sum total damage to my house is one curled shingle on my roof.  Not even  off - just curled a bit.

No cable or internet yet.  No idea when it will come.  But we have more than enough to get by until it does.  Overall pretty damned thankful.

I'm glad you made out ok bud

the anticipation of not knowing how it looked must've sucked

Is Maria supposed to track the same way?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 17, 2017, 11:24:06 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 17, 2017, 04:20:45 PM

I'm glad you made out ok bud

the anticipation of not knowing how it looked must've sucked

Is Maria supposed to track the same way?

Three full days of brush clearing leaves me two questions:
1.  When did I get so farging old?
2.  Why did I decide that more land was better?

Still feel blessed.  Found out that only the first quarter of my street actually has power.   Been trying to give neighbors time for a good shower and a/c time.

It's looking more and more like Maria is going to turn well before it hits Florida.  Puerto Rico is going to get hammered, though.  Could end up brushing the east coast.

smeags

talked to one of my bigger vendors in Puerto Rico yesterday, they were boarding up the office and heading to higher ground.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Geowhizzer

Not sure if this is better here on not, but what the hell...

Collier man dies in CCSO custody after curfew violation arrest

Summary (and official report):  The guy (white) ran away when the car he was in was stopped by law enforcement at 1:32am.  For the first eight days after the hurricane, my county was under a 9pm to 6am curfew.  Supposedly he attacked an officer in the confrontation, pushing and striking him in the head.  In the process of apprehending him, he was tased twice.  Before being taken to jail, he was taken to a local hospital for treatment.  At 8:30am, he was found unresponsive in his cell and taken to another local hospital after attempts to resuscitate.  He was declared brain dead and taken off life support at 5:53pm.

smeags

all of Puerto Rico is without power.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Let's see what the orangutan's response is this time. 

MDS

he has no clue puerto rico is a us territory
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

any legit good charities to give to for puerto rico? obviously our govt is doing jack shtein about it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

before and after maria shots of PR show how much power is still out on the island

also heat index there today was 108 in san juan

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous